Pressure to get married, anyone else feel this way?

Since I was a young teen, I feel the pressure to get married, mostly from my mom. Even today she wants me to try on her wedding dress! I've had steady boyfriends since I was 14 and finally single for once in my life and loving it! However, in my late 20s, this is the time when I should be finding that special someone, but I'm not ready. I'm tired of my friends, the media, and my family telling me it's time. Felt like ranting, anyone else relate?

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum is the same way.

I just tell her I'm a lesbian and my boyfriend is just a good friend.

She doesn't believe me but at least when ever she says something wedding-y like "which flowers would you like at your wedding darling?" I say "gays can't marry mum" and walk away, conversation avoided.

What Guys Said 5

• Go at your own pace. If you don't feel ready, then it's as simple as that. You'll be much happier waiting for when you're ready for that level of commitment. Of course your mom wants to see you married, she's probably just thinking she's being supportive. :)

• Yup, but once you party and let it all out you'll be fine.

• Nope no pressure at all. I can't even get a girlfriend.

• At least look for marriage material:)

• Follow heart

What Girls Said 2

• Yes

Girls are pressure more to get married before they lose their looks

• My Mom pressures me to get a boyfriend, tells me all the time that my sister isn't going to get married at this point, etc. Too bad she forgets how badly her marriage turned out. Marriage is not for everyone.