Do you want to get married?

all the hype about the royal wedding makes me curious how many of you out there plan on getting married. :)

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
ok some people misunderstood my question. marriage isn't something that I'm constantly thinking about. but the media attention on the royal wedding brought weddings to my mind. personally, though, I do eventually want to get married but not right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• The thought of marriage really freaks me out. I don't know a lot of people so it embarrasses me that my side of the wedding would be practically empty. But even then, the thought of standing in front of them to give a speech (which I'm really bad at) still freaks me out, especially since my speeches are usually just one big ridiculous joke which no one takes seriously because I'm never serious. :/

I would only get married if I was marrying a Princess (The Royal Wedding filled up my head with unrealistic dreams that most girls get).

• Well, when you meet the right person, you'll want to tell the whole world that you love that person.

• none of the weddings I've attended required the bride or groom to give a speech. in my case I had to give a speech because I was the maid of honor. you don't even have to write your own vows. weddings can be personalized so that your comfortable.

• @ThenThereWas1

Yeah, you're right. Dammit, I need to man up. :/

What Guys Said 18

• I said maybe...

Mainly because I can not find anyone worth the effort of marriage...

I have standards, enough said.

Now about that 6 hour waste of time on television that was a pointless display, I can say this: Don't allow the influence of a bunch of nobodys influence your decision to be married. Royal wedding... It should be called a wedding of rich nobodys... They don't rule anything...

• haha yea they really don't. and I didn't actually watch it I was sleeping for most of it lol but I saw stuff about it everywhere lol

• Not a Christian marriage, or a marriage of any particular religion. I don't agree with religion so technically it would be absurd to get married. (People who say they are agnostic/atheist but then proceed to have a Christian marriage or other mainstream marriage I think are a contradiction)

Anyway, if I was in love with someone I may like to get married in a unique non-religious ceremony. But hopefully she isn't someone too religious, not a devout Christian, super religious parents anything like that because otherwise then I wouldn't be able to do it.

If I get married I want it to be like a kind of wedding that maybe hippies who live on communes have. I'm not a hippy, but that's the only example I can think of. Like an island marriage. At least that kind of marriage is purely about love, nothing to do with money or property etc.

• Royal or not royal, it's just a wedding, and there's no royal wedding and non royal wedding, it's a commitment between a man & his wife...i'm already married from 5 years...

how about you "Question asker" do you want to get married & would you want to become a housewife or a working wife?

• wow OK you totally misinterpreted my question. I was just saying that all the attention to the wedding got me thinking about it. I'm 18 and single so thinking about getting married isn't something that's constantly on my mind. but all the talk about the wedding made me think about weddings and getting married. does that make sense?

• wow... lmaoo

• im not really understanding why this thread seems kinda vicious. tonymetal25 didn't say anthing offensive, he just asked the QA the question she asked all of us. and I do agree with his opinion on weddings.

• no I wouldn't get marrid. Id sign a legal agreement stating what rights I would share with someone but I wouldn't get marrid..

• I'm married, but in this country marriage costs one a lot in taxes (both incomes are added together and considered as one, bringing both in a higher tax bracket)

That's the ONLY reason I wouldn't marry again.

• I don't really care. I mean, it entirely depends on what my mate would want (whenever I find her >.>) It's not going to make me love her any less or more because well.. I'll already love her entirely :P

And I still say f*** the royal wedding. Waste of the tax payers money in UK (note I am not from the UK but bullsh*t spending is bullsh*t) and who gives a sh*t about another person's personal life? Focus on your own or AT LEAST those who really matter to you. Not some bullsh*t celebrity.

• Granted I don't give a crap about the royal wedding and don't even know the names of the two getting married, I think ya. I don't know whether it'll be a full ceremony, or just common law, but that's details. But I do like the idea of settling down with someone and starting a family.

• Nah I would get a legal union but I would never have a marriage ceremony or anything like that. I think it a waste of money and it doesn't change anything for me because I'm not religious. I'd love a girl the same before and after the wedding. It wouldn't change my feelings in any way.

• i think everyone wants to find that special person they want to spend the rest of their life with so it isn't surprising people hope to get married at some point in their life

• I want to be married before I'm 31, and I very much do want to get married.

• I think everyone wants to find that special someone to spend the rest of their lives with. :-)

• Yeah, definitely; somewhere down the road though, not now.

• screw that not worth it

• I'm a 1 woman guy, so ye, I will probably get married.

• yes I really want to get married even I don't mind getting married to you

• Nope.

• I want to, but at this rate it won't happen.

• F*** NO! I don't need some women taking half of my trust fund when I eventually end up nailing some other skanks intiesing snatch.

• No one would want to marry an ass like you anyway.

• i actually was married. she was killed by a drunk driver. don't talk sh*t about it and no I would not have ever cheated on her. she was awesome in every way.

What Girls Said 21

• Yes I would love to get married one day, not now. I'm 18 too And I want to experience life and have fun while I'm young, focus on my education, and becoming a stronger, and more mature person. Marriage is fun to talk about, but I'm not planning on it any time soon.

And the royal wedding was so precious, made me cry at some points. I still can't believe that 1/3 of the world was watching the ceremony :) just shows how much people care about them.

• You shouldn't be watching, since you want to focus on your studies and become a stronger feminist...your a kid and you will remain a kid! so her's your barbie and go play somewhere around!

• lol why should I be watching it?

• shouldnt**

• I voted yes, but if the guy I fell in love with didn't want to get married, but I knew he would stick around and be a father and all then I think I'd be okay to not get married. But after a few years of living together you're married under common law anyways so :)

• I think its every girl's dream to get married and start a family...It's at least my dream. :)

• No, I don't want to get married.

I am not religious though so would consider it hypocritical. But if the love of my life think it is important and there is a "get married or leave"-situation I will consider it.

• It's fine to not believe in marriage or to not want to get married, but marriage isn't purely a religious thing. It's also a legal issue and it can just be an expression of love and commitment.

• Absolutely.. Commitment is very special to me. Never by force or subtle suggestion though. Always by his choice.

• I've never been a big fan, just because it seems unnecessary. If I'm committed, I'm committed. I don't need a piece of paper and the title of "wife" to prove that.

However, my boyfriend says he'd want to because there are financial benefits. What a winner, haha. :)

• No.

No marry is worth that horrible sacrifice.

• No man is worth that horrible sacrifice.

• The summary was

"'Note that the above adultry statistics of the prevalence of affairs were made more than a decade ago; so based on changes in society during the intervening years, the current percentage of the population who have had affairs is probably somewhat HIGHER. For instance, the continuing increase of women in the workplace and the increase of women having affairs on the Internet means that the numbers for women having affairs is probably similar to those for men about 60%."

• Your myth busting page just listed all the stats done on infidelity the first ones listed don't make it true I found my 60/40 from that list.

I guess it's now 60% men and women.

Whatever judge my beliefs however.

My view is my view and I'm happy with it.

Just like your view is your view & you're happy with it.

I'm not trying to force my view on you but explain it.

I answered your questioned & explained to commenters.

• I said maybe. I don't think marriage is something you can plan on. Not everyone finds someone. sadly, it is NOT true that there's someone for everyone. I think you can want to be married but for me, I don't want to plan on it I ncase it doesn't happen. And sometimes, I think maybe marriage isn't the best thing for me.

• Yes one day I want to be married one day, but I am only in high school, and I at least want to get my Bachelor degree first!

• Of course! My boyfriend and I plan on getting married within the next two years if everything goes good with money an such. :)

• I used to want to get married, but bad relationships totally ripped that apart. Finding tax issues that go along with being married isn`t helping me change my mind. I don`t look for it and almost hope that I never do get married. It seems like A LOT of money and A LOT of hassle. God forbid if you and the spouse decide to split later on, yeesh.

• Maybe. I want kids in the future and I'd rather not be a single mom. :l

• maybe. I'm only 21 so I'm just focusing on getting through university and getting a job at the moment and I don't know if the right person will even come along. I am however a no sex before marriage girl, buti think there are more thingsin life other than that so I don't really think about it.

• To some extent I do and to some extent I don't. I don't believe that people should not be divorced and if I'm in a relationship and someone crosses me to the extreme my ass will be leaving.

• I changed my opinion about marriage, so now I want to get married someday.

• I'm horrible at making decisions, so NOT REALLY! Hahah.

• i don't really care for marriage.

if your in a committed relationship, why go through so much hassle just to make it official?

• No.

• Maybe. I'm more concerned about school and that's the last thing on my mind really.

• yes! yes! yes!

• hell yesssss