What to do when proposing?

Ok ladies what do you find romantic when it comes to a guy proposing? Explain how you would like a guy to propose. And guys how would you propose to a woman? Or if you already have proposed what did you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• it's always nice if you can tie in somewhere special from a time when you were dating and love was new between the two of you because it will bring up those early love feelings and then it can always be somewhere special between the two of you. Women love that you really gave it some thought(Like I thought it was so sweet when they talked about how William picked the wedding date for he and Catherine because that day was St. Catherine's Day and he wanted that to be "her day" my teenage daughter went "AHHHH that's so sweet!") Down on one knee absolutely without question. Ask her father for her hand if they have a good relationship and he/her parents like you. Do it right. Most women love tradition and to them that's romantic all by itself. Something private is better than being in a crowded restaurant. Don't make it a public affair. Think about what you're gonna say but don't write it down and read it to her, speak from your heart.

What Girls Said 1

• it depends on your girl I would say. what's her personality like? is she shy? is she a diva? is she humble? is she into creativity? is she simple? is she into private moments or big elaborate things all about her? I'm really good about this stuff because I plan events so maybe with a little more info I can help better. you can friend me if you want so we can talk better about this.

What Guys Said 2

• When I proposed I planned a trip to Daytona Beach, one warm sunny morning we went for a walk on the beach holding hands walking in and out of the surf, then when she said lets turn around I purposely held up and when she looked back I was on one knee, water washing up over our feet and popped the question. It went perfect expect I cannot remember what the heck I said, but she said yes.

• i have no experience, but I'm pretty proud of my brother for how he did it. first he took her to the restaurant where they had their first date. then he gave her a series of haiku poems throughout the day that went over their past. finally he took her for a long walk on an empty beach and ill assume got down on his knees and proposed. pretty damn good way to propose in my book!

• I like the empty beach idea. The poems would be abit too much for me but the restaurant idea was a nice touch.