How do you ask your significant other her ring size?

How would a person go about asking their significant other their ring size without leading on that it would be a wedding ring or anything like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is she a heavy sleeper? You could size her finger when she's sleeping.

If she has any rings that she wears on a daily basis, try and sneak one of them away to a jeweler, they could tell you what size it is. She might freak out about where it is, but just sneak it back :P

I just don't think straight out asking her what size she wears in ANY scenario is going to work.. her mind is going to auto jump to an engagement ring. :P

What Girls Said 27

• I would go pick out the ring you want for her, buy it, and then have it re-sized after :) That is usually what people do. If you involve her in any way it is bound to make her suspect you are up to something :) You could go the route of measuring her finger while she sleeps, but why take the chance of waking her up? I would just get the ring and then have it resized after :) The jeweler will be able to do that really easily for you and your surprise will be kept a secret :D

• Timetowaste has it right. If you do anything like go ring sizing with her, casually bring it up in conversation, or say/do anything involving rings around her, she will automatically assume you're doing it because you're looking to buy an engagement ring. Guaranteed. If you want it to be a surprise, you have to involve her as little as possible.

I'd go the "borrow one of her rings" route if at all possible. As long as you've seen her wear it before (on the right finger, that is), you'll know it's the right size, and rings are easy to misplace, so she won't think anything of it.

Sizing her finger with string while she sleeps is also a pretty good strategy, if you're sure you won't wake her up.

Good luck!

• The only thing I can think of is to bring it up casually in conversation... like I hate shopping for rings for me because they never fit right, and then just curiously ask what size ring she is, and then if she assumes that you want a wedding ring size then just laugh it off and tell her she's silly.

• Try to get a hold of one of her rings that she wears most often or is her favourite... I guess I don't know. My sister and her boyfriend actually went and picked out a ring together. She just doesn't know when he's going to pop the question. He has it on hold at the jeweller's. :) good luck!

• i was told your ring size is the same as your shoe size, so if you know that, then you know her ring size.

• Ask her best friend to find out

• I would have one of her friends take her shopping and have her look at rings with her and ask her what her size was, and then report it back to you.

• If she has any rings, sneak one of them away and bring it to a jeweler. Don't just ask her the ring size or it'll spoil the surprise of the proposal.

• Hmm... Maybe when you go on a date, go to a gift shop and maybe try on some rings and she'll probably do it too!

• You should always do a test ring first, like a "promise" ring, say you guessed, she tells you that way. Or if she has other rings you could borrow it, or measure one of them for yourself.

• I'd say instead just 'borrow' one of her current rings that she wears often (although probably not an everyday one) and take that to the store...

• Take her shopping sometime in a Walmart or something and just look at stuff for fun. And walk by the rings, and then stop there and ask what her ring size is and have her try on a silly ring or something

• If you can it would be easier to ask her mom or maybe a friend. And if they don't know, ask them to try and find out.

• Go shopping with her for fun don't plan on buying anything but just try on a whole bunch if stuff for fun

• Dont ask just go to her jewlery box find a ring and look at the number if she gets suspicious just pretend you are looking for your contacts

• Ask a mutual friend.

• Try to get one of her really close friends. Or secretly take one of her current rings to a jeweler and have it sized

• Just ask her

• You could either ask her friend or take her shopping one day and pass maybe a boutique that sells rings or something of that nature if she likes to wear rings casually, and look at what size rings she tries on. Hope I helped! ??

• Play with her fingers and be like ur fingers are so small what size are they haha
    Or find one of her rings and ask her what size is this?

• Just take a ring from her jewelry box without her knowing. Make sure it's not one that she wears a lot.

• Ask her friends or family. Don't ask her

• ask someone close to her if they know.Or take her shopping and go to a jewelery store or somthing

• Ask her friend, her mom or dad, someone else she knows(: or if they dont know, ask them to ask her

• The best way to ask her is not to ask her as confusing as that is. If you ask her about a ring she might put two and two together. I'd say to ask one of her friends to go out with her to look at rings and ask her what size she is. Then they can just report back to you without her knowing.

What Guys Said 4

• you dont...you just get a ring and give it to her... she will get it sized afterwards.

• Walmart fake rings , woman love them just cause there fun but it gives you an oppertunity to check her ring size at the same time so you can try different rings on her at the display. Stay engaged with her during this like don't just find out her ring size and leave , carry onto something else or keep trying different ones with her.

It should work just fine without bringing up little if any suspicion of you.

• I would simply "borrow" one of her rings preferably a less used one. So she doesn't notice its gone find out her ring size and put the ring back.

• Hey what is your ring size? I swear its not for a wedding, just wanted to know.

You are welcome.