Do guys need to be reminded to propose?

I was talking to a group of gentlemen today and of the 8, 7 are engaged or married but all 8 of them said a girl needs to remind them they should propose. Is this a general rule of thumb or unique to this group? Do girls have to remind you to go the next step?

Ok, so it seems like everyone on here agrees. I'm guessing the group of guys I was with had one experience this and the others just went along with it. I'm happy to hear guys don't need to be reminded, I was pretty disappointed when they said this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes they do. I recommend reminding them on the second date. Let us know how it goes.

What Guys Said 3

• No, that sounds like pressuring him.

• reminded, why? if a guy doesn't want to propose don't tell him, if he doesn't want to take that step don't force him

• Nobody needs to be reminded. That's the craziest thing I've heard in awhile.

What Girls Said 1

• idk..but boyfriend reminds me almost every week that he'll propose one day

but I've never heard of girls reminding guys...i would have thought the guy would know when to do it :o it would seem like the girl is forcing him to propose