Can a guy get butterflies?

My girlfriend gets butterflies around me all the time and I don't know what she is talking about. Are guys even supposed to get them

Updates:
the thing is I love her so much and I'm asking her to marry me in a couple weeks and I needed to know

0|0
5|14

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, if you're deeply in love.

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 4

• I love that feeling.

Hopefully you get the butterflies one day because its pretty great.

0|1
    0|0
  • I bet they can - they call them something more manly though XD like tigers! :D

0|1
    0|0
  • lol obviously they do get them if they really like someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeh, everyone gets them, now and then.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah, first time I got them I thought I was going to vomit... then again I also got shakes. To me the butterflies are most closely resembling that of intense anxiety, but it's different. It's something you just know when it happens to you. I don't think that means you can't be deeply in love with someone just because you never experienced the butterflies. Hope the proposal and such go well for the both of ya.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya I have before but I think it would be more common with women since they are more emotional (or tend to be)

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys definitely get butterflies...its kinda hard to describe but yeah I mean as a guy I don't get all gushy about them but I see why girls do

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do people ask such stupid questions like this one?

It's a emotions and feelings that every human being gets.

Stop being stupid.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes. But I haven't gotten butterflies in like 5 years.

I don't know if you just grow out of them or you gradually become less impressed. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I get them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes guys get them.

It feels kind of like you're lightheaded, dazed and euphoric all at the same time, and may be accompanied by shortness of breath.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah guys get them too... If you aren't feeling the butterflies too, or didn't at least at first, I'd be concerned.

To me that suggests a lack of chemistry there, but I mean, maybe I'm wrong. Everybody's different I suppose...

0|0
    0|0
  • Once. And no, we're not together anymore...

0|0
    0|0
  • yea you can. do you never feel pressure?

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten them once or twice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to get them but its been awhile

0|0
    0|0
  • oh trust me , YES

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're gonna marry her note this:

"NO BACHELORETTE PARTIES"

Girls are far more likely to have sex with the stripper on the night before the wedding then a guy. So just don't have them.

0|0
    0|0