How old would you want to get married, and why?

You hear stories about people getting married in High School, or some that get married when they're a lot older, and then you also hear stories about couples not getting married at all. When would you get married and why that age?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol well I would love to get married today =P but logistically probly closer to 25-26 but yeah its never to soon to commit your life to a girl you really love

What Guys Said 8

• It's a matter of how you feel about it.

Is it so important to you, marriage is just a way to make a relationship official.

For myself, I got married in my early 20's, but not in front of a church, divorced after a few years then married again 11 years ago, same way, I'm still married.

I see some friends that will never married, their relationship are not less important then mine.

If I had to do it again, I would, just remember, nothing last forever and there's nothing wrong about it.

• I want to marry the day of my Wedding, because I would hate that my fiance was one of those girls that runs away on their wedding day, wearing their wedding dress and leaving behind the one thing that once made her so nervous that she started shaking, the one thing that once made her complete and full, the one thing that once was, but is not anymore.

• So true :( that would be horrible! I can't imagine being ditched on my wedding day :( and ditching is not something I would do. Any girl that does that does not deserve being with a good, sweet guy.

• I have no intention on getting married... I would definitely want to spend my life with a woman I love but I'm sort of against the institution of marriage.. we can have a ceremony or something.

• I don't want to get married until I know myself well enough and so does she. We both need to be grounded and secure with ourselves before getting married to each other.

• Tonight =] Like Ladsin said. But for me, I don't think it'll be ever

• age 25

• I don't know if I want to get married lol

• Never. I distrust the institution of marriage.

• Why? And what if your girlfriend wanted to get married?

• 1. I'm not afraid of getting hurt - at least not in the emotional sense. I'm afraid of losing a lot of money. That's a reasonable fear.

2. Given the odds, it's effectively gambling. And I don't believe the potential gains of marriage outweigh or equalize the potential losses.

3. Don't want a traditional wife, it just has no appeal to me.

• ok :) thanks for your honest answer!

What Girls Said 5

• no, getting married is a good way of spoiling a relationship. the propensity for error and stereotyping the sexes is never more prevalent than within the union of two people from what I have seen. marriage does not mean the couple will get along better, that they will not cheat, that they will not split. so, marriage just makes the complexities of breaking up and "un-marrrying" the mind more time-consuming and costly. besides why waste money on a wedding day there are better things to spend it on, like shoes.

• My man and I are planning on it between 23-26, we already know we wanna spend the rest of our lives together but we are still pretty young and wanna have stable good paying careers and our lives put together first so we don't have all those stresses

• i think weddings are stupid so some time after 21 I'm planning on getting drunk with my boyfriend in vegas, getting married by elvis :D

• i want to get married in my mid thirties ..35 to 39 ..

• Whenever I find a good loving man for myself :)