Pre-nup? For or against?

I can see both sides of this. On one hand some people just want to be covered but others think it's planning on failure. I've seen too many marriages fail and messy divorces. Even the best and most in love couples can break up and I think a prenup just sorts things out beforehand. I believe in 50/50 though. Just to ensure that no one tries to screw the other over. So, for or against prenups and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd never get married without one. As you said, divorces too often end up messy. I'd want a pre-nup saying that anything in my personal bank account, my 401ks or other retirement funds, and any stocks/bonds/etc I own are inadmissible to claims in case of a divorce.

If a girl really cares about me, she's not going to care if I want my own private finances.

What Guys Said 2

• Prenups are kinda like life insurance. You hope you won't need it, but it is good to have it just in case.

• I am for prenup 100%. There are a lot of golddiggers out there. no prenup just gives too much power to the person not making money because if she or he decides to leave, the other gets screwed over and loses propery and money that he or she worked so hard for.and that's really unfair. Prenub all the way. Also, its very hypocritical how society recognizes women as becoming increasingly independent but yet some girls are still very dependent

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's like insurance, ud rather not have to do it but you really need it in the long run in case something goes wrong, So I'm for it, and when I get married ill do the 50-50, its the best IMO

• against that's just saying everythig in the relationship is yours even what you bought for them its bs if you asked me they shouldn't get married if they have douts about it ending . Marriage should be 50/50 not 25/75