For those of you who are married or were married...how old were you when you got married?

I'm 27, and it seems that most of my high school peers are already married. I, on the other hand, am still single (but have a daughter). I worry that I will either never get married, or I'll be "old". So I have several questions for you guys...

1-how old were you when you got married?

2-how long were you with your spouse before you got married?

3-How many times were you married?

4-How long did the marriage/s last?

I am a very picky woman who knows what she wants and needs from a man and I refuse to settle. I know a lot of people who either divorced, or who are in unhappy marriages and I don't want to be one of them. So I'm picky because I want to make sure whoever I'm with is the right man for me. Thanks everyone!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• 1. I was married at 22 (just barely).

2. I was with him for 4 months before he proposed and then 8 months to wedding. So, 12 months in all.

3. I have only been married once.

4. The marriage lasted 13 years. We have been divorced for 3 years now.

• I am 38 and have turned down six proposals. I have never been married and it doesn't bother me at all. My friends who are married or have been married got married in their late twenties to mid thirties. Most of the divorces were friends who got married in their early twenties. These are my guy friends and my girl friends. People should get married because they find someone they want to spend the rest of their life with and not because they reach a certain age or everyone else is getting married. Each generation is living longer and longer so to spend your life with someone you don't feel that strongly for is probably why so many marriages end in divorce. Just a theory.