Do women like Judith from Two And a Half Men exist?

She is horrible. She totally raped Alan in the divorce. She gets alimony and child support and she still makes him pay for things like school trips and sneakers for Jake. And she is such a bitch towards alan. I'd understand if he cheated on her during their marriage, but he didn't do anything wrong. She just decided to kick him out and divorce him simply because she wasn't happy anymore. And when they were married, she didn't even have sex with him.

But how can the courts allow a woman to clean her husband out when he didn't do anything wrong at all? He doesn't cheat. He doesn't beat them. Wtf.

Most Helpful Girl

• To Update: The laws for marriage and children are very out dated and need revision. 60 years ago it was nearly impossible for women to work at a job that paid well enough to support themselves as well as their children. Divorce was very rare, but when it did happen, courts assumed that the mother was at home taking care of children, and therefore did not possess any work skills in order to support herself. Welfare didn't really appear for single mothers until the 70's... so alimony was awarded to women so that they could feed themselves and their children. I understand why this was put in place. It was to protect women from men who insisted they stay home and raise children and they take care of the bills, then decide that it 'wasn't for him' and left. Or for women who were in abusive relationships, etc. Now that women can work and child care is easy to obtain, the laws have become a man's burden for the most part.

What Girls Said 4

• Oh yeah they exist, in both women and men. 3/4ths of divorces are initiated by women, and the number 1 excuse is "I'm not happy anymore". When it comes to divorce and children, women still have the upper hand and can royally screw a guy for nothing other than spite.

I am currently watching a rather nasty custody case between my fiancee and the mother of his child. Custody was automatically given to her, as she is the woman. He hands over 1/4th of his paycheck over to her, has no say in any parenting choices she makes (what schools she goes to, where they live, etc), and if he is late on his payment she refuses to let us see the child. She is on welfare, quit her job and just lives off of government pay and the 3 child support payments she gets for her 3 kids.

It's a one night stand that has torn apart my fiancee. He has NO problems paying for child support, and if she is having such a hard time paying the bills we are more than happy to take her in, but of course that would never happen. But the emotional crap he is going through and watching his daughter go through is destroying him. We are in court every 3 months as she continually sues for more money.

Anyways, protect yourself, even when you think you've found the love of your life.

• Can deff tell you watched last nights episode, lol.

Yea, they do exsist. Just pray that you never run into one.

Course Alan has a weak spine and can easily be pushed over. Judith just takes advantage of that.

• I think that chick from the hangover is worse. Thank god Stu didn't mary Melissa.

• yup. all kinds of people in the world exist. welcome to planet earth.

side note...why shouldn't he be paying for his child? he divorced the mother not his kid O.o

most peoplearent going to be sugary sweet to each other after divorce. its kind of naturally to hate them for a while, and you don't know what she went through in the marriage emotionally. there are a lot of things that could make me hate someone besides cheating. a lot of things.

not being happy is usually a good time to get a divorce. I guess I'm not a proponent of being miserable? I don't know could just be me. if I'm not in love and the relatinship doesn't make me happy, that's my cue to leave. some people can stomach misery better than others. I would just end up treating the guy meanly, hating him, and resenting my life if I stayed in a relationship in which I wasn't happy or fulfilled. who wants to wake up every day hating the person laying next to them? I would assume none but I could be wrong.

marriage isn't about sex, especially when you have a child. do you know how stressful life is when not only are you unhappy and dying to leave the person you're with, but you also have a kid to take care of? hello, do you live in reality? if my life were like that the LAST thing on my mind would be having sex and it definitely wouldn't be something id want to do with th person I just want to get away from.

relationships are tricky business.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, they exist.

A guy I worked with, who had two daughters and put his wife through college, had his wife cheat on him, then divorce him and move 2 states away with the daughters. She took him to the cleaners in the divorce, having set things up ahead of time to make it easier for her.

He has to pay around $2300/month in child support, leaving him about $600/month to live on. He rents a room and drives a $500 car, and lives on bologna sandwiches, top raman, and whatever is on sale at the discount food store. And he has to work under the table on the weekends to save up money to travel to see his daughters twice a year on their birthdays.

As a result of her degree, she got a job making more money than he does, and lives an upper-middle-class lifestyle with her boyfriend, with several expensive vacations a year (withOUT the daughters), new cars, nice house, etc. And she complains about buying clothes and shoes and such for the girls, and tells them to "ask their Dad".

He's a broken man because of all this, living to work so he can have his two weekends a year with his girls. And whenever he gets a raise/promotion, she is right back in court demanding more money from him, and usually getting it.

So, yes, it absolutely does happen in the real world.

• And women wonder why men don't want to get married there you have we don't to lose half our stuff.

• I agree with Tex and belgie.

• Women used to get screwed by divorce 30-40 years ago, when it first started to become more common. And this was around the time Feminism was taking off, and managed to get the laws changed in a big way. But they weren't satisfied in leveling the playing field, but rather sticking it to the men who they felt screwed them before.

Of course, women are much closer to parity with men today, but still enjoy a very lopsided court system when it comes to divorce.

• Yes. There are plenty of them especially in western culture.

• Sitcoms doesn't real

• Not only they exist, they abound.

• Yeah, there are many women like Judith, but not too many men like Alan. He brings out the worst in her.

Women who wind up with a wuss, (which Alan clearly is) are often driven to hatred of the man. It's like subconciously they want to kick him so hard that his male anger will assert itself. It doesn't, so he gets walked on even more to bigger and bigger extremes.