"No strings attached" means NO expectations right?

I recently got out of a long term relationship. In fact I broke my engagement. So obviously my head and heart are still pretty messed up. I met someone at work (after the break up) and our flirting led to more and more. We agreed to a NSA relationship because that is all I want and all I can handle right now. He knows everything and was claiming that's all he wants too. But I think he really likes me and has more expectations of me than he should. He wants to text, call, and hang out all the time when I made it clear I only want sex. He gets mad at me when I don't text or call him and I don't get it. Does he want more but is claiming he doesn't to save face? I feel like he has no right to be mad at me and it seems like he wants a girlfriend. He is a great guy but I'm not ready for a relationship. Thoughts please! Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• NSA might mean no strings attached to you. but be prepared to deal with the emotions of the other person.

What Guys Said 2

• You just answered your question. Of course he wants a relationship. Or else he would just do it for sex. You said your not ready so just tell how you see him and there you go. Note:he will probably not be nsa with you. I'm just saying

• Sounds like he just can't handle NSA. A lot of people don't really realize what it is until they actually try it. He may want a FWB or is confused and thinks that's what you are. Maybe you should explain the difference to him. If he can't do it... and you're sure NSA is what you need... find another guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Before you get into a NSA arrangement make sure you as the female set the ground rules and that he understands them. It doesn't look like this was done.

• I did set the ground rules. I was very clear that its strictly sex...not talking to each other all the time...no dates...no sleep overs...just sex. He agreed to the arrangement...then he started doing all the things I said I didn't want. He tells me he always thinks of me. He texts me all the time. He wants to.hang out even w/out sex. He wants me to sleep over...which I don't. And I've checked in with him several times about it and he claims he wants what I want. I've told him he can't be mad.

• Then cut him loose now. The sooner the better .

• It's up to both people to set and agree to the ground rules.