Have you ever asked a guy out?

Since the 80's, I have been hearing all over the place how women feel free to ask guys out- how this has turned the world upside down. They are supposedly assertive sometimes to the point of being too pushy.

Trouble is, I see no evidence at all that any of this is true. Certainly no woman has ever asked me out, and none of my male friends have ever been either. I have asked female friends, including girlfriends, whether they have ever approached or asked out a man, and the answer is invariably no. Nor can they say they know anyone who has. So, what gives? Is this all something that is made up, and if so, why? If you are a woman, have you ever asked a man out?

Most Helpful Girl

• lol I'm too much of a p**** to do that.

i seriously need to grows some balls or I will be lonely forever.

What Girls Said 6

• I once asked a guy out, my best guy friend who I could swear liked me back but he was of a very shy nature so I took the plunge and he flat out rejected me! I was like WTF you keep hugging me and talking to me about the most private things and shaking when you're around me! I won't ever be asking a guy out ever again as I seem to be completely wrong at reading the signs.

*shakes head*.

• So what if we gave up after one rejection and say "never again"?

• Well did you read the other girls's replies? Some of us feel it's not our place to do that. I thought I could at least try one time but it didn't work out. So I'm sticking to my old ways.

• Personally I haven't asked a guy out, I'm old fashioned in some ways I guess and I like to be asked rather than do the asking. Saying that though, when I met my boyfriend we hit it off straight away and talked for hours on end and straight away I felt there was a connection so if he didn't ask me to meet up then I would have probably suggested it or at least hinted at it, I wasn't going to let him go that easily lol so it goes both ways I guess..

I'm the same with marriage though, I would never propose to a man although I know that some women like to but for me I think its more romantic when the guy asks :) xxx

• Yes, I have.. actually. It was quite awkward, but all of us need to grow some damn balls sometime.

• I lamly tried to ask a guy to prom, I got rejected though. I did go prom with my friends cousin who is like a friend to me.

• Good for you for giving it a try anyways! I think every woman should be required to do this so they can appreciate what us guys go through all the time. At least then, when you have to turn someone down, you will know how they feel.

• Yeah. The guy that I originally asked didn't dance at all while with my date we got going in the middle of the dance floor.

• no, never. it has always been the way that the man risks rejection, in my culture we were raised that a female who approaches men is of easy virtue and therefore of loose morals.

• Yes, many times

What Guys Said 4

• Only a very few women in a special milieu have changed. Most are still looking for Don Trump o notice them.

• some have but too rare

• If I were a woman, I would not asked a man out.

• They do feel free to do so. That doesn't mean they have to or they will.