Boyfriend jokes about marriage?

So I've been with my boyfriend for just under three years, and we've been living together for 1.5 years. Things are usually pretty good, and we've talked about marriage before, but I'm in University for a few more years yet (several degrees) and I'd really like to finish school before thinking about a wedding. Anyway, he's always been really against the idea of marriage, and will give me trouble if I talk too much about anything wedding related. There's been a lot of it lately, with me being a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding, and my mom getting engaged last Christmas. But lately he's been making little test-the-water jokes about it, saying we'll have to top my cousin's fabulous wedding with our own, and that we're going to Vegas in a month, we might as well get married there. What does this mean? Is he trying to tell me he's ready? Is he preparing to propose?

Most Helpful Girl

• those aren't jokes, those are testing the water. if you respond positively to that, you can expect a ring soon

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0