Me and my boyfriend was talking and I just randomly said "you might as well get me a forever ring" and he said that he's going too.sweet but I was really shocked and yet scared? were only 17 and only been going out for 9months and planing on getting a forever ring? isn't that like getting married or something? lol without the vows of course.

should I tell him that it freaked me out a littlebit or just let it go?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should tell him. I was thinking of breaking up with my boyfriend a couple days ago, and I told him exactly why and what was bothering me, and now I feel so much better. He took it really well, and I don't feel nervous around him or anything. The longer I wait to tell him something, the worse I feel, and this isn't the kind of thing that's just going to go away. Communication is very important.

When I was in high school, my boyfriend gave me his class ring, and proposed to me all the time, in the sense that he would always be asking me if I would marry him. My current boyfriend also had that happen to him. It was stupid. Don't fall into that trap. Just because you're with someone now doesn't mean you owe them forever. Like you said, you're too young and too early in the relationship to be saying that. And you're really mature for thinking that.

It seems like he wants to give you an engagement ring but he doesn't really at the same time. Don't let him get you an engagement ring unless it's the real thing.

I would ask him to get you a ring that means something to both of you, and you have to be really clear on what that ring means. Having a ring was super cool in high school, and I would love to be the girl who got one.

Maybe he's just trying to figure out something good enough to get you for Christmas. Don't rule out that possibility and maybe give him some ideas.

Also, make sure he gets you a ring You Like. If you're gonna be wearing that ring All The Time while you're going out, it better be one you really truly like. A lot of people get rings that they don't like as their wedding bands or their engagement rings.

What Guys Said 1

• Unless he's proposing it doesn't mean anything your both young and maybe you'll stay together maybe you won't, if its bugging you then just tell him you don't want a ring. He will probably ask you what you do want, if anything tell him to take you out to a nice dinner or something.

What Girls Said 2

• i wouldn't tell him. there's no use in getting him all worked up. unless you know FOR SURE that you and him have no future together. in which case I'm not sure y ur still in this relationship. don't tell him. it will hurt his pride and confidence in you. keep it a secret. but make sure, (when he gives it to you) that he knows nothing is definet and ur still young.

• You should tell him. Tell him it's a little too soon to be making a commitment for forever. It just means that you want to be together forever, it doesn't mean you can't change your minds later. It's just expressing what you want right now.