Should there be a GAG user/question of the month?

Admims and mods would pick about 20 people and everybody can vote for the user(or any other method)

or for a question everybody can pick one and whoever gets the most votes

Do you think this is a good idea?

Do you have any user/question in mind who you want to win?

• That's a good idea
  • Not a good idea
  • If it's done right
  • Couldn't care
  • See Results

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, GAG is a day-to-day site.

There are questions that come up, with 50 or 60 answers, two days old... and I've never seen them. And I am here a lot, mind you. But even being here a lot, I see only a fraction of the questions. I don't think anyone goes browsing into the past too often, especially not the last 30 days worth of material. All the regulars know how the SEARCH function is never used, so we see the same small d***/large labia questions over and over and over again.

People aren't interested in the past on this site. So, no, I don't think it's a good idea.

• I agree with you, I am on here most of the day and I never see some questions. Only to have them come up after I answer a question and I'm like "How did I not see that question!" lol

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's a nice idea, however, I can see how it could turn into a popularity contest. I think it's great people have made friendships on here. But sometimes people choose answers and vote up questions just because they like the person. Which could make something like this unfair. Not saying there aren't a lot of great users on this site, there are. But it could be misused and unfair in some situations.

• Thanks for the suggestion - we will note this! :)

• No, no, no and no. With the current environment here, DO NOT allow nomination or voting among the users here should this proposal be approved. Too much favoritism, too much popularity preaching, too much ass kissing, and not to mention, not everyone who's good or asks good questions be here all the time. I agree with Belgie, it's a day-to-day site, sometimes even hour-to-hour site.

• Yes, but I think the user name should be anonymous, just the question itself should be judged on, not the user, because then it turns into a popularity contest.

What Guys Said 4

• mods are too lazy for any of that mess you're talking about

• In theory, I think it's a great idea - it might be tough to implement though, only due to how many questions are asked here on a daily basis. After a month, a particular question (great as it may be) will get lost in the shuffle.

• They already have a featured question section. I'd pass on this idea.

• whats stopping people from just picking the same person every time?