Should I wait...

So there's this guy and we have been friends for a long time, and about 2 3 weeks ago he told me that he liked me. We can talk on the phone for hours, and we will flirt in our own way, but I think he wants to ask me out but is kind of on the shy side, and doesn't know how I will respond. I want him to ask me out, I just don't know if I should ask him, or just wait for him to ask me. What should I do in this situation?

• Wait for him to ask me out
  • Take matters in my own hands and ask him out
  • Stop liking him, and remain friends
We just got threw hanging out outside his house, and we were cuddled up flirting and all. Something is holding me back from asking him. I want him to say no or something even though he likes me. I'm mixed up in emotions.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like him and he likes you go for it! What are you waiting for? Sometimes you need to make the first move. Just be happy that he feels the same way about you. Puts you one step ahead of most of us. No balls no glory girl so strut your stuff and go take what you want

• I like that answer!! One problem, I have never really had to ask anyone out! So I kind of don't know what I should say! HELP!

• Thanks! I'll update it, when it happens!

• Alright! Good luck!

What Guys Said 7

• Guys like girls to be feminine, and guys like to be the dominent once. So use that to your advantage. Go up to him and give him a hug. Then whisper in his ear " If you ask me out, I will say yes". This way you let him know how you feel, but give him the chance to ask. Good Luck

• That's a good answer! to let him know that you want him to ask you out but not directly ask him out yourself.

• the same things happening to me. but she made the first move. kinda. if you guys share mutual freinds just tell him you guys are getting togehter to watch a movie and ask him if he wants to come. preferably a movie at a freinds house. (not ur own). from then on he should get the idea that you def like him especially if you smile at him. Oh and if ur watching a scary movie, it doesn't hurt if you grab his hand during the scary part. If nothing happens after that you can move on more and ask him out -.-

hope this helps =)

• "I've got tickets to quantum solace, let's go watch it."

first date

"Hey that was a good movie, I'm hungry let's go get some ice cream!"

second date

"Can you drive me home? [20 minutes later] Come inside I want to show you all the crap I keep in my room, you'll get to see the crazy crap girls do."

third date

on the third date (i.e. at your house)

(you kiss him on the lips)

"not to alarm you or anything. but I like you. come on."

(you go for an all out kiss. gently bite his lips it'll be awesome.)

DONE. next.

. . . . kids these days

• Oh shit. before I forget. for the love of god keep condoms handy. this is very, very important.

• But I'm not trying to make him he told me he liked me. and wanted us to go on a date but we haven't yet

• *smiling* "Don't tell me you're too afraid to ask me out, (his name)?"

I should be charging you for this. . .

• Dear, I'm man, and let me tell you that even though in this society man are expected to be direct, brave and never doubt, we sometimes need a little bit of help from women. Cause you know how difficult is to ask a girl out, when she might laugh at you, or reject you?

I'm not saying that you have make the proposal, not at all, every sex has to permorm its rol, but lay the bait at least, so that he knows you will answer yes.

• Sweety, try what I told you. What do you really have to lose. He either will, or he won't. Atleast you will know. Courage my dear, courage.

• Give him the look that you want him he should be able to pick it up.

• jus kiss him lol.

What Girls Said 6

• well since he's already told you that he likes you and you talk on the phone for hours then at least tell him that you like him. he's probably not asking you out yet because he's not sure that you like him. if even after he knows you like him then casually say something like "do you want to do something together?" or "do you want to hang out sometime?" but that's it. don't pressure him to actually date you just yet.

• Its 2008 .ask him out!

• Just ask him out if you really like him. Guys like it when girls step up and ask them. There is sorda a sterotype of guys asking girls out ,and if a girl asks a guy out then she is seen as desperate. That isn't true. Trust me. Just ask. You already know he will probably say yes.

• be the bigger person! show him if he is to shy to make a stand then your not afraid to and if he is upset or mad you asked him then he is not worth the trouble

• Well maybe you should ask him if he's too shy to. Why not? you know he likes you.

• let me tell you from personal experience, guys can't 'figure these little subtle messages' that we send them, so go and ask him. there's nothing wrong with it.