Marriage proposal

my son wants to ask his girlfriend of 5 years( whom we all adore) to marry him on their date anniversary. I say no,it should be another specie day, one to remember. what do you boys think

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it could go either way. On the anniversary could be interpreted as, "This is where we started our first journey, now we begin our second."

But making a super random special occasion is also very special. I honestly think both are good.

• Me too. He plans to have a waiter or something bring it to the table

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I personally think that it should be some random day so she totally doesn't expect it. Even though my ex was tried to surprise me, I knew exactly when he was doing it because it was getting close to a specific date that was special to me. Being completely off the wall is awesome. Also, he needs to do it in some outlandish way. It's a special day and it should be a memory that they repeat to their children and grandkids with smiles on their faces, not just "oh, well, he just asked me on his knee at his parents house." Like I said, just personal opinion. He should pick whatever date he wants, but suggestions from his mom should be taken(even if he doesn't agree) and also expected.you are his mother!

• i think he shoudl ask her on whatever day he seems appropriate, it's his call, not yours.

• Aw, I think that's really sweet. (:

I love the idea, for sure.

• I think that you should let him pick the day. It may be just as special to them as that moment because it was the day of their first date and the day that will change their lives again. it could be very memorable. I don't think that it would be bad but it could be anticipated.