Women - How to propose?

Not that I'm interested in doing so, but I was thinking about it the other night - I've heard some guys on here say that they think it would be fine for a woman to propose.

But how would she go about that? I can't see myself proposing... what if he got to it first, or already had a ring or something like that? Is it something you talk about, or is a sort of unspoken understanding about who's going to do it?

Have any women on here ever proposed, or know a friend who did? Just curious guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• If I want to marry a woman, how she proposes wouldn't make a difference.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would definitely want my boyfriend to propose. I wouldn't want to push him to do it...I'd just want him to want to be with me, but we can't always expect it to happen. I really don't want him to get me a ring though. I'm super picky about that stuff and I'd want to pickt he ring after he asked me. In the mean time I'd want him to propose to me in a creative way and instead of using a ring use like...a pipe cleaner or something. I drop hints for him...kinda jokingly, but seriously too. He knows me, so he unerstands. lol. And when I talk to him I'd want to tell him how I want the proposal to be creative and that I want to pick out my own ring or email him a pic of it. We talk about our kids and how I'm going to stuff them in a washer if they misbehave (I don't like kids very much. lol) , and he doesn't mind, so I think we're good to talk about proposal stuff without being pushy. haha.

What Guys Said 4

• I really don't think that a women proposing to a guy is a good idea at all. That's traditionally a man's responsibility and no matter if the girl wants to get married and wants it to happen immediately, I would be disappointed as a guy if a girl proposed to me no matter how much I loved her. It would feel as if I didn't fulfill my responsibility as a man to propose.

• Lol if you're too afraid to take a risk then I wouldn't even bother entertaining the idea of maybe, perhaps, considering proposing.

• well, if he has a ring already, then it's no problem, because then you both have engagement rings already!

• walk with your boyfriend in the park. then all of a sudden start crying cheerfully, and when he asks you what's wrong tell him "Y-Yess!" That way, he'll still end up paying for the ring xp

What Girls Said 0