Boyfriend never wants to get married, end it?

He doesn't believe in marriage but yet he wants kids later on down the road. I, however, will not have kids unless I have a ring on my finger. Is it time to move on?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 4

• Selected as most helpful

You need to decide what's more important to you, getting married or being with him.

For example, I want to get married so I can spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. I think I've met that man now, but like your boyfriend he doesn't want to ever get married. So for me, spending the rest of my life with him is more important than having a ring on my finger. If it means I never get married, then so be it. I'll be disappointed of course, but being with him is what matters most to me.

But if being married is something that you feel you absolutely need before you can have kids and start a family then you two need to make a decision together about either getting married or parting ways.

• What does it matter what other people are doing? It's irrelevant to your situation. I think getting married was always more important to you, but you were probably hoping he'd change his mind. And if you've been together for 3 years and he doesn't love you by now, that right there is enough to leave if you ask me. Three years is plenty of time to fall in love with someone, if it hasn't happened yet, it won't. That could also possibly be why he doesn't want to marry you.

• Yeah I thought the same way as you at first. And then 3 years passed by and all of our friends are getting married. Just wait a few more years. You'll want a commitment too. Oh - and he's never told me he loves me either.

• If he doesn't share dreams, plans, wishes, etc.. with you then it's impossible to continue with him.

• It is. This is a big decision, it's something that is going to effect the rest of your life so if you guys want different things, and neither one of you is willing to compromise, then it's probably better to move on and find someone who wants the same thing you want.

• Either you'll have to find a compromise, or you should move on because you have different expectations for a relationship/different goals in life.

• if you guys have talked about this before and are still at an impasse, then yes, move on. this is a fundamental difference in opinion.

• I would try talking to him about it. Tell him that you want marriage and won't have kids unless your married. Don't try and force him to marry you or anything just let him know how you feel. But if he is serious about never wanting to get married, then there is no real point in continuing the relationship.

• its too obvious... leave him

• I think it is obvious that you need to move on away from this guy. If he has made it clear that he is not interested in marriage, and you are, then it is time to find a guy who is.

• yes it is.

• If you're really 30-35, and he's not close to wanting kids, you might want to move on.

The wedding bit is actually easier to negotiate.