Immature or just a douchebag?

This is kind of embarrassing because I consider myself an independent, funny and smart girl. I have NO problems attracting men. That being said, for some reason I'm hung up on this guy who up until a couple weeks ago was engaged. For close to 4 months he kept me around, calling me his “friend” (all while being engaged) and treating me like a girlfriend. This is easy for him to do, as his (ex)fiancée lived in a different state. As ashamed as I am to admit it, I liked the attention and because I was so into him, I went along with the charade. After treating me rather poorly for a couple weeks and disappearing, he is now trying to get back into my life saying he is single. I see him in a new (rather negative) light now, but trouble is for some reason I still want him around. All the things that I was willing to ignore before and are now becoming annoying include: 1) He only talks about himself during conversations. He doesn’t care about anything that has to do with my life nor does he ask me questions pertaining to my life 2) he incessantly talks about his past girlfriends 3) huge inferiority complex/insecurities about himself 4) expects me to do anything for him, without reciprocating…. This list could go on, I just can’t be bothered to remember all of it. So now you’re probably wondering why I’m hung up on such a loser. The catch is that despite all of this sh*t he pulls, he somehow will redeem himself intermittently and regardless of all this he may have a good heart deep down. So please help me judge, is this man at the age of 29 just a HUGE immature manchild? Or is he just a straight up douchebag? And whatever you decide, could you PLEASE give me some tips on how to move on with my life and stop feeling like I’d be missing out if I didn’t give this clown a chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's probably both, but either way you have to stop seeing him. I'd enlist a friend to help you stay away from him. Find something or someone to occupy the time you'd usually spend with him. Maybe a hobby or classes, sports, anything. Tell him you don't want to continue this anymore, just completely end it. All you're going to miss is a bunch of heart-break and complications that would come with staying with him. Once it's over, delete his number, get rid of his e-mail address, stop being friends with him on Facebook, etc.

What Guys Said 1

• Both stop all contact

What Girls Said 2

• I am in the same both right now it sucks move on before you get deeply involved and get a lot of heart ache

• He seems immature AND a douche. Don't try and fix him...

You could try moving on by dating other men.. There are great guys out there that will love, care and treat you a whole lot better.