I never want to get married, what do you guys think?

my reasons: once you're married the chace is over you've already seduced them, ect... The romance is dead because you can do almost anything (except cheating or abuse) and you're partner will (most likely) not leave you, so that means people let themselves go, stop making time for each other, ect. once you're married (after the honeymoon phase, so basically after the first year or so), you stop doing things for one another because you really care and instead out of obligation (legally binding marriage contract, remember?) this is when the resentement starts..some people get married for the wrong reasons (for the wedding, money, afraid of being alone) where as when you cohabitate you don't risk someone marrying you for these reasons.

also: before marriage people usually put on a show and show their true colours after you've comitted, whereas if you cohabitate and they don't meet your expectations its less of a hassle than a divorce, personnaly id like to have that option open. I know a lot of other girls are going to disagree with me they most likely want their boyfriend to -put a ring on it- but if they really loved their boyfriend, they would be happy not being married.
a wedding is a day, but a marriage is forever- I'd MUCH rather be happy for years and years than have -the biggest day of my life-
if you need a document stating that you both plan on being faithful to each other- that's pathetic. If you're going to spend the rest of your life with someone, I would assume it would be with someone you trust and don't need a legal contract to make sure they don't cheat

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll do whatever you want, and I don't care.

Part of me likes the idea of meeting a girl so awesome we'd get married.

Years of listening to Tom Leykis tells me marriage is just a sham institution that exposes me to financial destruction at the whim of some girl. Vulnerabilities... and no gains. No practical reason to get married... unless she's my sugar momma.

What Guys Said 3

• i don't see a problem with marriage as long as you don't just stop caring when you get a ring on your finger. If the love is there you can be happily married

• I don't agree with all of the things you are saying. Getting married can be a wonderful things. Its the people who ruin marriages or relationships. and why on earth do you have a bride as your profile pic? lol

• LOLL I have no idea why the picture is a bride, I guess because I didn't post any? I'm bad w technology, anyway that's really ironic :P

• you give TERRIBLE arguments lol -you're too young-

• no actually its a very good argument. you are only 16 which means you have little to no experience. experience says a lot. I regret answering this question

• Can't say that I blame you, although from a male point of view, the idea that you think you should be courted for the rest of your life is pretty doggone funny.

• not courted, I phrased it wrong: dating=courted, living together= on your toes, not sure how to explain it but no I don't expect roses and all that :P

• I've cohabited for years, you don't have to explain it to me. But it's not so different from marriage, ultimately.

• I don't see anybody arguing with you QA, what's with the update?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't want to get married either, but not for those reasons. Like slipslender said, it sounds like you've just seen a lot of bad marriages.

• i think... you've seen a whole bunch of bad marriages. :/

there ARE some good marriages out there, and it can be a worthwhile institution. all those problems you mentioned above don't necessarily apply.

personally, I actually do want to get married at some point.

• i haven't actually and you are probably a litte princess who just wants her big day. I doubt you would want to get married if they're wasn't a wedding

• you judged me too, but what I'm saying is that If you need a document stating that you've both promised to be faithfull- that's pathetic because if you choose to spend the rest of your life with someone, I would think you should be able to trust that person, no?

• of course you should be able to trust the person. but there are legal and financial benefits given to married couples. why not capitalize on that? and why be opposed to documentation? that's like questioning why we get diplomas after completing high school or college. shouldn't the world 'trust' that we have the level of education attainment we claim we have? documentation runs this modern society. it's important to me that legally, him and I are man and wife. it holds societal significance.

• Ironically, you avatar is the bride one LOL.