Am I a loser for thinking I'm a loser?

I know that question sounded really stupid, but I'm seriously wondering that. Sometimes I do feel like a loser, because my social life is pretty nonexistent. I know that it's no one's fault but my own, since I'm a homebody and I should go out more. Still, when I'm on Facebook/twitter, I see how my friends hang out with each other or with other friends, or they go out on dates (most of them are engaged/married) and I'm left to wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I do "talk" to them on line and I saw a couple of them the week before at a BBQ reunion, but other than that, everyone goes their separate ways. I sometimes think that it's my fault because one of the few times someone had asked me to to hang out, I made up some excuse not to go because I thought I'd feel awkward. Is something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, nothing is wrong with you. There are plenty of people who are the exact same way as you - it's just that you're not interacting with many people who are like that, so it doesn't seem that way. But trust me, there are plenty of awkward introverts around.

It's not a matter of being a loser. You're only noticing the differences between yourself and more "social" people. You seem to have this idea that people must be extroverted and go lollygagging around with their friends to be "cool," or whatever. But you're clearly more introverted than that, so I don't think comparing yourself to those people is a good idea. Live your life doing what you want; don't live in accordance to the standards of the more extroverted people. If you don't feel like hanging out with certain people, then don't - don't force it because of this preconceived notion about being cool or "not losery" or however you want to phrase it.

What Guys Said 2

• no, you just got to force yourself to get out more, and hang out with your friends

• gotta kinda "break out of your shell" just get out there and do stuff I kinda used to be like you now I go to parties all the time and hang with a bunch of diff groups of people life is wayyy more fun that way

What Girls Said 3

• You are whatever you think you are. So maybe it's time to start thinking something else. DO what you want, be whatever/whoever you want. Don't be self-conscious. Just go for it.

• maybe...but I can't really say since I don't know really know you

• Is your question phrased stupidly?

Probably yes. :)

lol

Just start hanging out with people and inviting them to do things. I used to have the same problem.