Why do guys talk about future and marriage?

Why all guys I´ve dated were talking about marriage, planning children and "our" future?! They weren´t long term relationships.

It also happens when I have just sex with them ... It doesn´t have to be necessarily a relationship ...

Most Helpful Guy

• well I talk to my girl about that cause I really do wanna marry her and spend the rest of my life with her, I don't use that when I'm looking for sex or anything, I thought it was kool and that she would like the topic. but wt you girls are telling me its that it ain't cool? so like I should stop it or wt?

• It?s great when you love your girl and she loves you... and when you?re serious with her ... But I don?t think guys should tell this to a girl they date just a while ... or even better ... when you?re f***buddies or just friends.

• ohh, well I've been with my girl for around a year (im taking this serious, cause I reallly love her)

so it is good or not?

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't talk to a girl about that unless I have serious interest in her.

What Girls Said 5

• its hard to say.

# I read somewhere that commitment phobes actually start off talking heaps about that stuff and are really idealistic about it all then randomly get scared...

#They might think you want to hear that.

#I think though the stereotype of marriage being all for women isn't all true. some guys do genuinely think about these things. I know my boyfriend has a clear plan that he will marry after 5 years no more no less. I hear lots of guys talk about one day being a dad... even friends who aren't chasing.

• they either wanted marriage one day. or a of guys think women want marriage. so they talk that way to get you to like want / have sex.

falls under the category of 'saying what(they think) women want to hear.

a guy did that with Me& I said "I do not plan on getting married.. you just get sick of each other.. oh & I have not wanted a relationship yet- but sex is a big deal to me. I do not plan on having sex outside of a relationship I've been in for a long while... At some point, the two will go together " he didn't have anywhere to go with that.

• Stuck on the reminiscence thought of what women wanted 60 years ago.

• Maybe they wanted more then just sex. You're lucky you've had guys talk about the future! Most guys run away when girls talk about the future.

• Maybe they all want to marry you.

I also think, you just want to hear people tell you what you already know.

• nope :) I just thought they wanted to f**k me :D but I wasn?t sure...and I also thought they tell it to every girl ... but merry me?! most unlikely ... I?m not that type of a girl

• Depends on the kind of girl you are. If you're still a virgin, than maybe they want to get in your pants, or they think you're a good girl and really do want to marry you because you're not "damaged goods."

• I really do not know.. but thank you anyway :)