Is there anything to look forward to in marriage?

When I think of marriage, I picture having twice the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc... Sex with someone I think is unattractive. A smelly, hairy, loud creature taking up all the space in bed. Having to tell him he is awesome every two seconds. Listening to his lame stories over and over again.

I am trying to get back in the dating scene, but when I think of it ... I can't manage to get excited. I like being with guys I find attractive and fun ... but I know that's not going to happen. How do I prepare myself for a life of servitude to someone mediocre?

Most Helpful Guy

• How are you doing twice the cooking? Anyone who cooks knows that statement is nonsense. I had to listen to my ex's lame stories over and over. She tossed and turned for ten minutes or so while I had to wait for her to stop flopping her ass around. Slept with a loud ass fan on. Was loud.

Damn, you're right. It sucks. I'm glad I sent her packing. Never again.

• I don't really have to cook if I don't feel like it. So I mean, cooking twice as often because a guy is going to want a three course meal on most nights.

• Many women make more than their husband these days. But he sure as heck isn't gonna do chick work!

• I just told you what I'm cool with. You can't really have a come back that basically says I'm not cool with it.

What Guys Said 3

• Damn! I ENVY the lucky bastard who gets to lock YOU down! Maybe one day I can be lucky enough to get a girl like you! A boy can dream!

• Ha, ha! Seriously, what is the motivation factor, though? Are you married?

• I'd be more excited if I was a guy! :)

• Clearly! Just look at your post and IMAGINE coming home to someone SO psyched to see you! I mean, DAYUM what's not to LOVE about that thought!

• Just the same old same old... It's cool having my best friend around... But there are times I miss being me and not part of a unit...

• you sound like you're not wanting to date, let alone marry

• I don't have the looks to get any guy who is pleasurable to date. So I'm trying to make do with the guys who aren't as enjoyable -- but its a lot of work in order to make him happy and you miserable, you know?

• the lack of confidence in yourself is astounding...

• Not lack of confidence, abundance of realism.

What Girls Said 3

• I picture having someone to fall asleep with, someone to wake to, someone to share things with, someone to talk to, someone that makes me smile, someone I love and stimulates me intellectually, physically, someone I want to spend time with, want to be close to, want to help/give him as much as he helps/gives me...

• You're married? Do you feel that way? I picture marriage being waking up, looking at my fat, hairy husband thinking "Ugh." Getting up to make him breakfast while he sleeps in, going to work, coming home to cook him meat and potatos while I'm stuck eating salad, picking up the house, and then listening to him whine that I don't screw him in the ways he wants...

• Partnership, Companionship...someone to share your heart, mind and body with. Someone to get old with. Someone to see your kids in his eyes. Someone to sleep in his arms feeling warm at night. Someone who takes care of you. Someone who you run to when feeling upset, frustrated, etc..Someone you can cry in his arms without being judged. It's not about cooking, dear. That's not marriage :)

• Most guys I've dated just want me to listen to them blab about their problems and their lives. I can't imagine this "sharing" concept. I can't imagine a man not hating the woman who wants to vent frustration or any other emotion than admiration for him. Seriously?

• Men are men. They are more valuable than women and know it.

• Ofcourse they're not. We're equal.

• Sux