Do you believe in marriage?

do you think 2 people could really be together all there lifes and love each other? my parents are together but somtimes fight and I just wonder if there could be the possibility of a divorce. I don't know if maybe I could stay with someone for my whole life with arguments and fighting all the time.

i mean even if you love someone, but you fight alot, could you take it and be with them forever?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women file for divorce for such lame reasons like "We grew apart." instead of trying to make it work. I have about given up. I really would love to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. As it is I think my only shot at a long lasting marriage, would be to move to a country where women didn't have such unrealistic expectations, of men and marriage.

Marriage is not all rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes marriage isn't fun at all. It is just boring plain old life. The sheer number of women that expect their man to "make them happy" is outrageous. The only person that it is can possibly "make you happy" is yourself. All your partner can do it make you feel loved. It seems that making a woman feel loved isn't enough in today's world.

What Guys Said 5

• I believe in it but about half the marriages in the USA fail. It's very difficult to make work. Probably constant communication between the partners is what it really takes. It is often mentioned as ONE of the keys to a successful marriage.

• yes they can be together, life isn't suppose to be all happy constantly, there are going to be arguments even between best friends and usually settling those arguments is what brings people closer together.

Are there a LOT of people that should not be together? yes, that comes down to poor choices in partner and reason for marriage

• if you want a realistic view of marriage, check out the film "Blue Valentine". it's a masterpiece!

i believe marriages don't work

. people are too selfish for any of it to really mean a whole lot. I feel like most girls fall into marriages once their value on the dating market starts to drops and once they get passed up by high quality guys in social venues... so they settle for "nice" provider types while they are still young enough pitch their attractiveness, but getting old enough to hear their bio clock ticking (ages 27-32 or so)

and men... well, getting married is f***ing stupid. same benefits in a LTR without the costs

besides why would I want to commit and , most importantly, tie up my wealth and future , with someone who could divorce me and take everything, who is going to nag and whine about things, probably cheat and then just get whizzened and fat.

f*** that noizzze, son

• I don't think marriage can work without a sense of obligation, and I think that's quickly fading in our society

• As a man, definitely not. Women file for divorce at twice the rate of men, so it really doesn't matter if I "believe" in it or not.

What Girls Said 3

• Do I believe it's possible for two people to be together until one of them dies, sure. Do I believe that that's what marriage symbolizes, not anymore. I can be with someone for the rest of my life, I'm a very loyal person at heart; but I don't want to get married. I find no point in marriage.

• yea

• You all watch the movie 'Fireproof' and you will the beauty of marriage.My questions and fears were all solved there.I can't wait to get married.I will be my husband's hero.