Arranged Marriage? So does this mean he is off limits?

So, I like this Indian Guy, but he is supposed to have an arranged marriage. He won't be married for a few years, but does this mean he is off limits? He likes me too, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it means he is off limits since sure, he'd fool around with you, but 9 times out of 10 will do what his family wants and marry the arranged bride in a couple of years.

A lot of these guys, naturally, fool around all they can with their family's blessing until the date of the arranged marriage! So if you want to be with an 'old country' type of player...go ahead!

What Guys Said 1

• I think it means he's off limits. You should respect his culture and traditions regardless of how you feel. If someone is gonna make this happen - let it be him.

What Girls Said 4

• Off limits. This is a big warning sign. He is going to get MARRIED. It doesn't matter when or where. He just is. Trust me, if you have feelings for him now, can you imagine if you really hit it off and your feelings became much deeper. The hurt you will feel when he marries someone else will be brutal. Culture is important, and it doesn't look like he's going to change that, not now, not ever. Brinadftba, please don't hurt yourself by getting involved.

• how does he feel about the arranged marriage? Is there any way he can get out of it? I think you should know exactly what you're getting into before you pursue him.. if there is absolutely no chance of him getting out of it, then don't get involved in a relationship.

• that is... unless you are OK with a short term relationship, just keep in mind some may look down on it, but it is your life, your choice.

• If you don't mind knowing a relationship with him could never be serious. If you are OK with that, then you'd have to talk to him to find out if he would be interested or not.

• OFF LIMITS COMPLETELY. Also by pursuing him, his family and friends will definitely develop a very negative view on you and this will develop a very bad reputation for yourself. Don't put hopes in this relationship ever happening. Should he really break up in the future and want to pursue you, let that be a future thing to happen and for him to take initiative. Just focus what is there in the future and expect no more from him.