When should I propose?

I have been in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend for about a year. Prior to her moving we were stationed together for six months and we began dating shortly after she left. During the past year we have spent about 10 weeks together, have met each others family and friends. We share the Interests, hobbies, and values and are crazy about each other. We have both been in the service 5 years and we both have three years left at our current stations. After these next three years she intends on getting out and I am staying in. We have already discussed this and my future deployments. But we do plan on moving in together and she and I both know that we are going to spend the rest of our lives together. My question is when should I propose to her? Should I do it now and drag out the engagement orshould I wait until about a year before she gets out to ask?

Most Helpful Girl

• do it now! Just do it, I'm sure if she is into you as much as you say she is then she will say yes and you guys can talk about how you want to seal your love with marriage and more serious talks about planning your future together.

What Girls Said 2

• Cease the day. If your heart wants to do it now, why wait. I believe deep down you know the answer to this question. If you have no doubts in your mind that she is the one, then you don't need to wait. Every girl wants to feel special and nothing says special more than the man she cares about professing his love for her by saying she is his one and only. When the time is right, you will know :D

• Do it :-) there's no reason to wait if you guys want to be together, who knows what may happen next year. If you love her and want to be with her then propose :-) x

What Guys Said 0