I think I found my soul mate... but then lost him.

Honestly, I think I found him. Maybe I am naive... I probably am... but what if I'm not? How do I know? We've been through a lot together, but I really do feel like he completes me. We've been through two major fights and somehow survived them. He's always stuck by my side in his own way. He isn't perfect, but neither am I. He drives me insane sometimes, but in the end it's always fun. How do I hold onto this guy? He pushes me to do what I want even when he doesn't know that I want it. He gets me, I get him. Only problem is that we got into a really big fight (fight might not be the right word). I think we both want to date other people just to make sure... so maybe he's not my soul mate? It's strange though. I always have this feeling we're going to get back together no matter how many people we date. he says I'm marriage material, but that he wants to date other people. I want to date other people to make sure he is marriage material. so we're testing that out... and then who knows...? Should I keep fighting for him though? How do I know if I should give up?

• Keep fighting for true love!
  • Give up... it doesn't happen like it does in the movies.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't know if he's your soul mate. I'm sure a lot of people have thought they found their soul mate only to later find out they were wrong. I think if you both have doubts then you should date other people and see what happens. If its meant to be then it will happen. Although I think its a little weird if you both feel that way yet you're okay with dating other people. To me it seems like you both aren't ready for that full commitment (or he isn't ready) so dating other people is just a way to date/sleep with other people and then come back when you're ready if the feelings still there. Normally I'd say that this is a stupid idea but since you both feel like you need to date other people then you should do it and see what happens.

• huh yeah. guess we'll see how it goes. maybe we aren't meant to be, maybe we are... guess we'll find out later in life

What Guys Said 1

• If you aren't willing to fight for someone then they aren't your soul mate and whatnot sooo... ya. That should answer that.

• I so want to keep fighting. everyone keeps telling me to move on though

• Screw those people. Never stop fighting until there's absolutely no reason to not fight or something (as in you find out he's not really your soul mate after all or whatnot).

• haha alright, I won't give up :)

What Girls Said 2

• I read once that each person could be happily married to every 3rd person they date. I agree, if you worked at you probably could. So, no I don't think there is just one soul mate for each person.

• so maybe he and I will meet up in the future?

• Probably will. And you need to make sure that he is the right guy for you. If you don't date around, you will both always have nagging doubts. So, date around, make sure, then, if it's meant to be, it will be.

• haha OK, I like that plan

• Honestly, if he really was your soul mate neither of you would be wanting to date other people.

• huh. yeah. idk. I think we want to date other people to be sure, but yeah, that's a good point. no idea.. haha. guess we'll find out later in life