Why do people think women trick men into marriage?

i'm a woman who is trapped in marriage by a man. why must people always assume women supposedly trick men into marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think anyone should feel coerced or trapped into a marriage. Marriage should be something that is cherished and loved. I hope to get married one day, but it's hard to find people who want marriage now a days. People just want what they want and then they leave. It's a fact of life.

If you feel trapped, leave. I don't know why you would agree to marry someone in the first place if you didn't want to be with them for life. That is what marriage is supposed to be. It's not supposed to feel like a trap.

What Guys Said 2

• not everyone thinks that. and people who do think that, might think it, because from a court case point of view, more women trap men into marriages than men trap women.

• If you feel trapped, get out while you're young, it's not going to get any easier. :(

What Girls Said 2

• I agreed with person who wrote before me. I met a lady who husband is controlling. She ended up having several kids and was feeling like she was mistreated and controlled. She finally got out of the marriage 20 years later. She has to start school again because she had no skills. Her husband brain washed the kids against her so two of her kids hate her and won't talk to her. Her other kids are angry because now their life are crappy (their dad is rich) and she is on welfare and trying to go to school now. You are still young and have years before you as well as opportunities. Your value comes from your ability to change and to adapt. You are young only once. Good luck.

• thats is the exact situation I'm in and now I'm applying for school and getting my life together so I can kick his sorry butt to the curb.

• People trick people, I hate when people stereotype. It happens to everyone. Usually good people. I am sorry about that. **hugs**