Would you sign a prenup? I do or Hell No!

If your future hubby or wife asked you to sign a prenup would you do it?

Or what if they told you they didn't want to sign a prenup what would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• The whole notion of "I would never sign because it would be like admitting the relationship would fail and I'd be so insulted" is really a croc of sh!t, in my opinion. How is getting married without one--and basically agreeing that one party is totally not protected against the other one (usually the "offended" one)--any better?

All the agreement says is that IF the relationship falls apart (for reasons that CLEARLY you can't foresee now) then each person leaves with what they came in with--usually with some agreement of how kids would impact things. I just find it a LITTLE convenient that the person who claimes offense, usually would have a LOT more to gain if the marriage ended without a prenup.

What Guys Said 6

• I would gladly. I appreciate the sense of logical thinking that goes into it.

• I'd feel like signing one is kind of putting the two of you at odds for the time, like a type of subtle awkwardness or something. Especially how I'd word it lol...

"If you are caught cheating, you receive no alimony from me and the marriage is annulled. Any children we have will have majority custody in my care. All of this applies to me as well- if I am unfaithful then I am not fit for alimony or majority custody rights."

Or something to that effect.

• why should you pay alimony at all, I can see if they were a stay at home wife but most women don't want to do that so why should you pay alimony

• Well yeah, if they didn't work then I think it's alright to expect. But if she worked, then I doubt she'd get it. But you never know, I'm sure there are ladies that have taken it along with their regular paychecks

• Well it would be quite hypocritical of me to object since I would insist on one myself.

• No, that's like saying we are going to get divorced.

• sure I wouldn't marry a girl that wouldnt

• If you feel that you need a prenup, you should re-think getting married. There should be no doubt about how you feel about each other!

What Girls Said 6

• I'd sign it but I'd be offended. I'd hope that the person I'm marrying would trust me and our relationship and would know that I wouldn't do anything regardless of how the relationship is done afterwords.

• it has nothing to do with trust its the business side of the marriage

• Marriage aren't about business and work...

• Yes, I would. It wouldn't bother me.

I know people say, "if you sign a prenup you're condemning the marriage from the get-go" - but I don't see it like that. No one goes into a marriage thinking they will divorce, but the reality is that sh*t happens and divorce is often the solution/result. If me and my partner want to protect our assets and ensure that the other is entering the marriage with the best of intentions, I don't see why that could be a problem.

• I feel signing one is like dooming your marriage, like you know it's going to fail, but I'm going to have to say that I would, because I know that sh*t happens, and a prenup would not hurt at that point far down in sh*t creek.

• I would not sign any prenup, what's the point of getting married then?

If they wanted to sign a prenup then it is what it is, you can't change their mind. Not everybody thinks like you (you in general) and people have different opinions.

• the point of getting married is for love, you really want to take his money is that why you get married

• Yes for love, I know that. And if I love him and trust him, and if he does the same with me then he won't want a prenup because we will do our best to work out our marriage. I don't like prenups, but some, well most prefer it.

• No, I wouldn't mind. I don't think there is anything wrong with being safe.

• I would NOT sign a prenup if asked...HOWEVER, I would not marry a man if he did not sign mine :) This assumes of course, that I had enough assets I'd want to protect in the event of an ugly divorce. Unfair...I know, but it's my honest answer.