What are your thoughts on this article about marriage?

It never stops to amaze me the urgency with which most women seem to want to get married. I have met several who would do no matter what to literally “catch” a husband. Like a friend of mine says, these women go around with their wedding dress in their handbags ready to hunt and capture unaware males into marriage.

Don’t get me wrong, I know there are many women out there for whom marriage is the last item on their list. I am referring here to those who are absolutely obsessed about marriage.

I must explain that I have nothing against marriage per se. Although I think it is becoming more and more an outdated institution. These days more and more women are opting out of it because they have become used to taking care of themselves, they have a good job, friends to go out with, a place of their own, and some even have children that they can keep happily without the aid of a man.

But despite more and more women being independent, most of them have it high in their priorities to get married and have children, the only difference being that the more a woman possesses by her own means, the more exigent she becomes with the search of a partner.

“Marriage has its good side. It teaches you loyalty, forbearance, tolerance, self restraint and other valuable qualities you wouldn’t need if you stayed single”.

Even though our society has advanced in its way of thinking and being single until a late age is now more or less acceptable depending on your cultural surroundings, marriage is still one of the highest ambitions for most women. Why? Because marriage is a man’s declaration to the world that a woman is so special that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. The feeling of being so special to someone has a dramatic effect on women, not only on her feelings but also on the chemical reactions in her brain. Allan and Barbara Pease showed through research that a woman’s orgasm rate is 4 to 5 times higher in a marital bed and 2 to 3 times higher in a monogamous relationship.

Article taken from: link

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like to get married eventually...just to find someone to share things with and build a family, but I am in noooo way in a rush to get there. At 23, I plan on being selfish for awhile (namely, explore career paths and travel first) before settling down.

I also have to comment that I LOVE your profile image (or whatever it's called). Street painting is an awesome thing, indeed lol

• "At 23, I plan on being selfish for awhile" ----> hahah :)

And thanks, I was looking at those in class my senior year of high school several years back, and I thought the illusions were really cool :)

• Haha they really are! I did a presentation on chalk art awhile back in an art history class and love the fact that they're so fun, but awesome works of art, as well.

• Couldn't agree more!

What Girls Said 1

• im not in a hurry. I want it eventually but I'm not going around everyday looking for a husband. When it happens it happens. I am more focused on my career and seeing the word then having a wedding band and child.

• And I think that is a terrific outlook on how to approach ones own life.

What Guys Said 4

• In the same way I don't spend time thinking about dogs names, for a dog I don't own, I am not going to spend any time thinking about marriage until I've been in a relationship with someone for at least a year.

To spend time thinking about it before then, is pointless IMO.

• "a woman’s orgasm rate is 4 to 5 times higher in a marital bed and 2 to 3 times higher in a monogamous relationship."

How do they determine this? Do they give them a score card after each orgasm?

• I think they interviewed an x amount of women and had them rate how much. I would have to search for those two individuals to find out exactly how they determined those results.

• i agree with it, I think you should only get married if you want children in all honesty I don't agree with single mothers

• What's your reasoning behind not agreeing with single mothers? I personally feel that a child should grow up with both parental figures myself.

• i just think a child needs both parents to function properly in this society children of single mothers tend to turn out a lot more poorly adjusted the other kids a boy needs a father sure he may figure it out for himself with trial and error but he might not

• I agree with it, no need to say more.