Girlfriends aunt told me that there is a bet when we will get engaged?

So all I can think is what the hell lol? I mean I don't mind because I am thinking about being this girl for the rest of my life, but we are both still young. She said(her aunt) that her, her husband, and my girlfriend's grandmother is in on the bet xD

I mean what is the purpose of telling me this? They think we will be engaged at christmas. We have only been together for 7 months. Given that we have only had one "big fight" in these 7 months, which wasn't even a big deal now that I have chilled down. I just don't understand it lol

Most Helpful Girl

• chill out, people say things like that without really meaning it all the time. it's not like they're going to be angry if you're not engaged.

• lol it doesn't matter what they think. I just thought it was crazy

• what's your question, then?

What Girls Said 1

• Hey, better than mine. There was a bet when we'd get divorced. My Ex-Mother-in-Law started the pool. She lost. I kept the marriage up and running for 10 years, lol.

At least yours is a POSITIVE bet in your favor. That's great! Good luck! :-)

What Guys Said 2

• lol that's crazy

• make a bet saying never. lol then see there face.