When a girl wears a ring, does it actually repel guys?

I heard this before and I was shocked! I always wear a ring but just because I like jewellery and it's a daughter's pride ring. Do most guys take this seriously? Opinions please?

what about the right hand? everyone only talked about the left..

Most Helpful Guy

• It would repel me definitely, but there are still a**holes out there who won't give up ring or not.

What Guys Said 7

• Absolutely... If a gal wears a ring on her left hand, I'll give up all hope immediately. I'm not going to chance breaking up a relationship out of initial interest. Y'all have nine other fingers to wear a ring on, if it's got to be that one, it means something IMO.

• @update, the right hand finger is used more for class rings last I knew, so that wouldn't affect anything, unless he was dyslexic and thought it was your left hand :P

• I know girls who are in earlier stages of a relationship or even single who still wear rings on their ring finger. Not all girls do it for this reason, but some of my friends say they do it to keep men away.

I don't pursue girls who have wedding bands, but I'll be friends with them. Any other ring won't sway me, because women seem to enjoy wearing rings on that finger.

• It repels me. Now since I'm 24, after I admired the girl's face and body, the first thing I look for is a wedding ring.

• I see a ring as her being off limits id talk to her but nothing more.

• most guys stay away from wedding rings but not other rings in general

• put it on your right hand or another figer on your left hand. If we see a ring then yes we think you are engaged or married.

• If I see a ring on the left hand ring finger, I will make sure that I do not make any flirtatious overtures to the gal. I take a ring on that finger to be the established mark in our culture of a female (or male) who is taken and not available for such fraternization.

Some guys don't respect the ring. I think that the guys who don't respect the message are usually the guys that a respectable girl would not want anyway.

• For the updated question: I only look at the left hand for an indication. (Unless she's missing it, then I'll look at the right hand.)

What Girls Said 1

• just don't wear it on your ring finger or middle finger on your left hand

i wore a small ring on my middle finger, and everyone thought I was engaged