He proposed with no ring...

Me and my boyfriend have known each other and have been friends for almost 4 years now. We talked about getting engaged a few days before he actually proposed. It was still a surprise to me when he asked. He told me that he wouldn't be able to afford a ring right now and I told him that it wasn't all about the ring. My problem is now I don't think he will ever buy me a ring and I'm not sure what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just let him know with subtle hints, that every girl wants a ring to show off that she is taken, or tell him that your friend asked to see the ring and you told her the story... Just plant the seed and he will come around...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If a ring is that important to you, and he doesn't have the money then why don't you get a "fake" ring from Macys or something? They have some rings that look real and are only $30. Why do you think that he won't give you a ring? If you two are going to get married then you will get a ring then. A lot of women only wear their wedding rings. You don't always have to have two bands.

• It's not a proposal w/o a ring. Don't settle for less than your best. Do you want to be the engaged girl with no ring? Until he gets you a ring, he only has INTENTIONS of marriage.