Has the recession changed your mind on getting married and having a family?

The recession has made me think whether I want to get married and have a family. Before, the recession, I always thought that employment was guarantee as long as you worked hard. However, the recession has demonstrated that even if you are a hard worker you can loose your job and your home. I really feel scare of getting married and starting a family because I have no guarantee that I will have a job. Who else feels the same?

Most Helpful Girl

• We obviously live in a time where job stability isn't a guarantee anymore. With tons of people losing their jobs and their houses...it makes you start thinking. I just lost my job recently and my mother lost her home a few years ago. It was painful because I grew up there and I drove by that place last year only to see another family living there :( However, I'm not going to let this lousy economy stop me from getting married and having children. In fact, I think I have become more lenient about finding a partner. If I meet someone who doesn't have a job...I can't write them off as lazy because we're all struggling. As for children, we have to remember that children are born into this world everyday to people of all class systems. Not everyone is born rich and with a silver spoon in their mouth. When you live in a family where you're taught that you can't afford everything...I think you become a more wise adult. So I'm not going to put off love and children till I'm 45 or something. That's not realistic and it only hurts you. In the end you realize you don't need a luxury wedding...you just need a caring & loving partner and some witnesses. You don't need a mansion in Miami, you just need an affordable place to call home (even if its an apartment). I think the recession has taught everyone a lesson that the best things in life are free. In the end, there are no guarantees but we have to remember that everything will be okay :D

What Girls Said 3

• Has the recession changed your mind on getting married and having a family? No.

My view on marriage still remains the same- women are most miserable when married & the one positive doesn't outweigh the many negatives for women.

Who else feels the same? Not me

• no, the human race has changed my mind on getting married and having a family.

• No, haven't even related it to that subject.

What Guys Said 4

• It's made my shopping habits a little wiser. Other than that, no. It hasn't affected my goals for a future marriage and family.

• Yes, need woman to be educated and employed...

Good to have safety net.

• The Depression has changed my mind about America and our future and the ignorant working class.

• Just a little bit.