Different opinions on marriage?

A guy and I were talking(texting) about weddings. He said he doesn't want to have one and will elope. I think weddings are a nice thing if two people really love each other. Then he said "maybe I'm just not a romantic?" and I replied "I'm sure that will change when the time comes". Now things are awkward. Did I say something wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• No you didn't, about marriage I think same like you, if I found the girl I love and she love me back truly I would marry her because this would be the only dream in my life to be with the girl I love and she loves and care for me I would do everything for her.

What Guys Said 3

• He's probably thinking of how expensive you are and is about to make a run for it ! hahaha. That's what I would be doing.

• Some people in my family would just have a small private wedding, and only inviting maybe 20 people, instead of the usual banquet...

• Maybe he thinks you want to marry him and he isn't ready for that. I am not sure what your relationship with this guy is, or how the subject of weddings came up, so it is a little hard to understand why things would be awkward between you now.

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with the above poster, that maybe he thought YOU were thinking of eventually marrying him.