Proposing to my boyfriend?

So me and my boyfriend have been together for quite some time. We both have been married before, Me once and him twice ( Understand his divorces weren't really his fault you know people have those marriages for the kids well that was his first- The second was a nasty gold digger who after they got married did nothing more than sit on the couch and eat pop tarts with butter) But that is besides the point...

My boyfriend has been one of my best friends since I was 16 years old we have been there for each other through thick and thin both in our friendship and in our relationship.

In a week and a half I plan to ask him to marry me. I figure this time I should do the asking as he has asked girls in the past and it has always ended horribly. I love him with all my heart and we have talked about getting married and growing old together.

I have planned out a nice picnic in a wonderful secluded spot on top of a mesa overlooking Zion National Park . I have picked out some of his favorite foods to make and a favorite dessert of his. I put together a play list with a lot of his favorite bands and there love songs, wine, plans for stargazing after sunset...

Well here is the strange part he doesn't really like jewelry so I felt it inappropriate to get him a ring or do the down on bended knee thing instead I have a rock, A rock that we picked up on our first date and thought it looked neat so we kept it well I have been working very hard to carve a Yin Yang in it on one side and a will you marry me on the other side...( I am using a Yin Yang because he has always said it reminds him of us and how together we create a balance)

Is this too weird? Opinions please :) Thank you!

What Guys Said 2

• 0|0
  • I think it's perfect. It'd be one of the best proposals ever.

What Girls Said 0