How many times do you think you should get married?

Please only answer if you're not opposed to marriage.

• Just once
  • As many times as it takes to get it right
  • Let me see the Answers
Thanks guys,

I ask this because a recent Australian poll showed that women were more likely to think "as many times as it takes to get it right" and men were more likely to chose "Just once"

I wanted to see how that score would differ internationally. Which was not much...interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• Once and only once. Not that I'm against divorce, I just think that people shouldn't rush into marriage as fast. And if they have kids, a divorce is one of the most stressful things they can be put through.

• 1 time

• interesting, that could mean that men are more committed to a marriage then women and if the marriage doesn't work the men probably stay single or stay single longer.

• yep, well it's a different world we're living in. Love and commitment don't mean much to a lot of people anymore.

• I voted B, but that doesn't mean I think people should get married too early, or not take marriage seriously. I just think that if you honestly try to find the one person that you want to spend the rest of your life with and it doesn't work out for some reason, that you shouldn't give up on marriage if you believe in it.

• Once, till death do you part...

But now days that doesn't happen.

• 1 (Answer is either too long or too short.)

• "A" Just once.

Once is a mistake.If you do it twice your stupid.

• Should be just once

• Once I hope.

• Yep, as many times as it takes, the fewer the better.

• As many times as we need to find the perfect one

What Girls Said 12

• Marriage should be a lifetime commitment. I hope that if I get married it's only once. Of course there are extenuating circumstances like if you're being abused, then a divorce and future marriage is understandable.

• I voted B because while it is ideal to only be married once, I think people shouldn't stay in a bad marriage just because they think it diminishes them in some way. If it turns out that you have become incompatible with your current spouse, you should leave (I mean this in the sense that you have differences that cannot be fixed).

• once, I'd hope.

• Once for me. I'll stay a widow if I have to but if I fall in love again, who knows. Anything can happen.

• This is a rather tough poll. After I picked A (Just once), I realized that I do believe in certain conditions where just once wouldn't work out. The reason for me choosing just once is because I'm the type of person that don't like to break promises... Marriage is a big vow, and if I don't think I can keep it, then I won't get married.

On the other hand, if I were in a marriage where abuse followed later down that road, then there is no way I'm sticking to that marriage.

• just once. but according to my mom's palm-reader-friend-dumbass, I'm getting married twice. :X

• Just once!

• I think once is enough

• However many times it takes to get it right.

Ideally, once.

• just the once.

• I think one time sums it up. If its more than once, people shouldn't allowed to enter the church!

• I would vote A but I am not anti divorce and if I had a horrible first marriage I would rather get out of it and remarry if I can. I am hoping people get it right the first time though, or at least me :P