What do you do? Give him the ring? Or leave him?

Imagine you're a man. Imagine you're poor. So poor that you can't afford to buy your girlfriend a ring (you want to propose). Your mom says you can have her engagement ring, which has passed down from generations to generations. It's the pride of your family since ancient times. Like 2000 BC. Your grandfather had this ring in his pocket and made it through the Vietnam war to give it to your grandmother.

You're walking down the street and suddenly a 12 year old boy bumps into you. You realize he has stolen the ring. You chase him, take him down, and you see that he is starving. It's cold. He's freezing. He tells you he needs it so he can eat and he hasn't eaten in five days. You're not sure you can trust him.

I tried to comment on that Anon whom I set as best answer, but apparently she has blocked me.

I don't know how people get so angry over a question... lol.
Though the question upon rereading it, is misleading, I should have said that you had to pick either choice. Kudos to everyone for being able to think outside the box however...

Most Helpful Guy

• I take the ring, and buy the kid a Happy Meal.

• Happy Meals give children happiness. Yes, I'm a genius.

What Girls Said 4

• take the ring and buy the kid a sandwich-if we started giving away our belongings to poor people-everyone would be poor,the ''eye for an eye'' thing doesn't only work for revenge.

• Take the ring and buy him some food.

• If I didn't even have the ability to buy her a ring I would feel too ashamed to even propose. Secondly, its survival of the fittest, so why should I give him the ring?

• That's why I asked the question.

• I don't get it, you wouldn't be asking the question if you knew that it's all about survival so obv you shouldn't give it to him -.-

• take the ring back. take the boy home and feed/clothe him properly. help him find a soup kitchen the next day.

btw, YTIMH.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't give him the ring. Help him out through your own money (even though you're broke) or helping him find work or a shelter etc.

It's cold and freezing - a ring isn't going to save him instantly. If it was really cold, I could give him my jacket or coat and help him to a shelter or some sort of aide place.

• Take the ring from him and give him $5. If I'm even going to bother thinking about a ring I'll have saved up some money at the least, especially before asking my mom for the ring.

• Smack the fwk out of him then take the ring back and tell him DONT STEAL MY SHET EVER AGAIN! And give em a couple of bucks

• Take the one ring TO RULE THEM ALL! I can't leave that kind of power in the hands of a 12 year old, he might go Gollum on me.

• Take the ring...and share my food with him!

• leave him and he is hungry so you can give him food , well you can't give him your ring, leave him :)

• Take the ring. Propose to your fiancee. Adopt the 12 year old. Instant family.