what are your views on same sex marriage?

i honestly think it should be legal,

but I want to hear everyone's opinions

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, I figure why not be legal? Marriage is almost better geared towards same-sex couples than heterosexual couples. Why do I say that? Let me explain.

Case 1) Man and woman get married. Marriage goes bad. Divorce court ensues. Man gets screwed in court (courts are greatly geared towards females in divorce cases). Man loses half-plus of everything and generally kids if any are involved.

Case 2) Man and another man get married. Marriage goes bad. Divorce court ensues. Since they're both male, who gets screwed in court? No one. No females involved to favor. Equal sharing of marital assets and presumably children if any are involved.

Case 3) Woman marries another woman. Marriage goes bad. Divorce court ensues. Since they're both female, equal favor given to both. No males involved to rake over the coals. Equal sharing of marital assets and presumably children if any are involved.

Now this is all given that everything else being equal. And you might have guessed that I am not a big fan of marriage. No, I've not been married. Will I eventually? Probably. I'm stupid like that. I just think that the only benefit to marriage (besides a tax break) is for women, so that if anything goes wrong the law is brought into it. A man can love a woman without putting a ring on her finger. :)

Homosexual couples, however, to me, seem to do it for different reasons. They seem to be doing it for more the "right" reasons. They do it mainly for love, and I also think for official recognition from the government (and lesser extent religion) that they truly are a couple.

If same-sex couples want to get married, more power to them!

What Guys Said 4

• I am not sure about marriage, because of all the people who hold negative views on it. I would support civil unions though for sure. If two people are in a caring and committed relationship, there should be no reason why they can't get a legal union. I don't care for the gay people that are out there making a fuss about "gay rights". I also don't care for the people who go out of their way to try to ban gay unions.

• Legal in the church.

Illegal by government.

My concern is economics, tax-breaks etc. This would be very expensive; more taxes would go to supporting government programs intended to protect spouses/kids that have nothing to do with gay people.

Other than that, I am all for more love and less hate.

• I'm almost exactly the opposite of you on this one. I don't care if it's illegal in a church or not, but I think it should definitely be legal by the government.

• So your going to take thier tax breaks and use it on yourself? that seems a tad selfish to me...

and what about legal rights? some hospitals don't let you visit the dying unless you are legaly related to them. and boyfrinds/girlfriends have no rights over the boddies where spouses would. it gets pretty complicated

• they should have all thier rights but they shouldnt be allowed to get married (under God, buddha yes,) I think they should jus do civil unions.

• i feel it should be legal too,they aren't doing anything wrong and its their business not ours but the government is determined to do just that

What Girls Said 5

• I definitely think it should be legal.

I just see marriage as a union with someone you love and want to be with for the rest of your life, and I think everyone should be allowed to have that, no matter who they love. :]

• It should be legal,let eveyone live their life the way they want if they ain't hurting anyone.

• I think it should be legal because why take someone elses happiness away? It is unnecessary.

Your glasses are cute by the way hehe.

• I agree, it's very unnecessary to make it illegal, just because someone is in love with someone of the same sex.

and thanks! :]

• Yeppers. Exactly! You're welcome xD

• It is indeed very necessary, read my coment to kayaking and you'll see why

• i think if it makes them happy they should be able to do it.

i don't see why someone can't get married just because there the same sex.

its rather stupid to me.

• I think it should be legal