Proposing while giving a college graduation speech?

Girls! how would you feel if you were sitting in the audiance, and your boyfriend in college asked you to come up to the stage after he gives his speech, and gets on one knee in front of everyone, and asks you to marry him?

Most Helpful Girl

• This would definitely not be my preference. A graduation is in and of itself an event and an achievement, it should have its own time as it is an occasion to celebrate for the sake of all the hard work you put into it. I would keep occasions separate - your love for your girlfriend is a special thing in and of itself and deserves separate recognition and a time unique to it. You can't be sure she will say yes and in the event that she doesn't and you receive a "no", this could ruin graduation day for both of you and it will be taking place in front of a crowd of people, which would be mortifying. Not trying to burst your bubble, but I think this is an event best left for a separate day and without a crowd of people, regardless of what the answer is. One can only hope she says yes in any case! Good luck.

What Girls Said 6

• I would be quite shocked! That's an extremely important, emotional time in one's life considering it's the beginning of a huge future. Thinking about marriage is the last thing in your mind-- there's studying further graduate studying at another university, meeting new people, choosing/finding a career, etc. etc. If you're extremely sure that she'll say yes, you should probably choose a less emotional time (like the after-graduation dinner with her family and friends! :)

Best of luck and hopefully congratulations!

• you better be damn sure she's ready or it will be a ever lasting scar

• I don't think I would like being proposed to in that way. I prefer more private settings for that kind of thing. Before you do that, first make sure that the girl likes you 100% and that most likely she will say yes.

• cute idea but wrong time, wrong place. A graduation is a celebration of everyone's hard work and accomplishments. It would be unfair to turn it into something geared toward one person when it really should be about everyone.

• wasn't that done on Secret Life? yeah not the best if your not 100% sure she'll say yes.

• thats where I got the idea lol

• oh god...lol

i'm sure some girls would be into that (you better hope her answer is a yes btw... :p) but I personally would want something just between us two. I don't like the idea of grandiose proposals...

What Guys Said 1