Do girls expect marriage to be the goal of a reationship?

When a girl starts calling a guy her boyfriend does she want marriage to be the result of the relationship? Is this what she's hoping for? I'm talking about girls that are college age or older. I dated a girl in high school who apparently predetermined the date of our break up. It was after graduation. Do girls go into relationships forseeing an end?

Most Helpful Girl

• not necessarily unless he is everything we have been looking for in our entire life yes marriage with a ring or common law is what we are looking for and foreseeing an end not necessarily unless you only have bits and pieces of what we are looking for then we think about it but it doesn't necessarily mean an end unless we are really really sure that things won't change and have talked about things with the guy we are with but if we are going to brake up with you we know we are going to do it the same for a guy when he is going to brake up with a girl or women he knows and we don't predetermine when we are going to brake up with you but at the same time we do have goals in life it sounds like the girl you were with had a goal and you just didn't meet all her expectations and did not meet her goal plan I think going into a relationship and having high expectations is not a good thing expectations wreck everything but that goal plans are good but just don't have your hole life mapped out or else nothing will work out the way you planed it and I think that's what she did

with you with out being realistic

What Girls Said 15

• For some women, that's what they're hoping to get but for others it's not. I know some women personally who got into a relationship with guys with an objective that they're going to marry the guy and they did. But as one answerer said getting into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship means getting to know each other more in a very exclusive manner. Now, thru the course of the relationship both of you realized that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with each other I guess that's when the marriage talk comes in. I guess every woman has it's own views about it.. I for one don't want to get married but I do want to be in a relationship.

• I think it depends on the girl. I go into relationships expecting the best, I go in hoping for marriage, but keep my expectations realistic. Relationships are doomed for failure if one person goes in assuming it will end. On the other hand, a person who isn't ready to marry is obviously going to assume things will end, whether it be in 6 months or 2 weeks, they will often base what will happen with their relationships off of things happening in their lives. If they want to travel Europe and you aren't a part of her plans, she'll leave you out of them.

• i don't think a girl if is with a guy means he's the one she wants to spend her life with I think that it just really depends on the guy there with but I do believe a girl knows if the realtionship will last or not

• NOOOOO

OMG

We NEVER expect marriage when we go into a relationship!

That's freaky! (and not in a good way!)

We do, however tend to think there must be an end to this.like it tends to be with all the great stuff.

She might like you at the beginning, then fall in love with you and then eventually love you completely. She then will not break up with you, you'll just BE!

If she decides she's old enough for such a commitment as marriage, then you will consult her and see what happens.but until then.DON'T mention marriage in front of your girlfriend, or she might just run away screaming!

(ad least I know I would)

• In serious relationships I'll admit I hope for marriage. It doesn't have to be right away. For that girl she probably thought that because.well that's what happens. Things in your life change and so do you. When that happens its up to that person to try to keep the old things or see what's new. I wanted to marry my ex, but I had the feeling as soon as he went into college he would want to be single and wouldn't want to be bothered with me. I wanted him to have a good future so I pushed him to do it and even though he told me it wouldn't happen.well that's what exactly happened. Girls just have good instincts I guess.

• No, I don't know why some guys think that. If you are boyfriend and girlfriend it means you are exclusive for the moment. Dating means you can date several people. Marriage means you are committing yourself for life or at least until one or both of you doesn't want to work on the relationship any more.

Sure some people want to get married eventually. At the moment, I don't want that, but I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend.

• Also, some people just expect it to end badly because that is all they have experienced so far. I think it all depends on what the person wants ultimately. However, it's not fun to dwell on the relationship ending. That girl was probably just expressing her concern at the time that the relationship would end. Some people fish for someone to say, "that won't ever happen, because I love you too much."

• Girls generally don't date with an end in mind. Personally, I'm looking for marriage. Most girls aren't necessarily, but wouldn't hate it if it happened.

• Some girls are hell bent on walking down the aisle. Actually, most are.

• in most cases yes, but fear not, she will probably not be ready to get married after date two or three, but dating is pretty much getting to know someone more and more and either deciding he is or is not someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. it's like a really long test drive :)

• I don't know about other girls, but to me, dating is about courtship. You shouldn't date just to date - meaning, if you don't want to marry the person, don't date him.

I'm not saying if you date you have to marry. What I'm saying is, if you're dating someone it should be because you're considering it, and getting to know the person better so you can know whether they will be a good spouse for you.

• I only date guys that I think I have a future with. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve so I am careful about how much I let someone in. So yeah, I consider whether or not this person would be a good husband, good communicator, if he's motivated, can hold a job, how he treats my family, and his, if he wants children. I don't want to waste my time on something that isn't going to go anywhere. I always let him bring up the conversation of marriage or commitment. But yeah, I think a woman usually knows if it's going to last.

• I'm 19 and yes, that is my goal. Although I wouldn't be mad at a guy, at the age of 19, for not being ready for marriage. I would just really only date a guy if I thought there was a possibility that we could someday get married, which is why I don't date guys who don't ever want to have children.

• In most cases, Yes, I have no idea why?..As I myself speaking have never thought that way, in fact I have never been married!..Hmmm, maybe I should have been like most of the girls I hung out with, I could have been married 3 or 4 times by now!..lol

• Your 45 so am I so I'm not nocking you on that or anything . You look great so why haven't you gotten married ? Just asking Ray

• Well I was in a 24 yr. relationship, sadly he passed away 4 yrs. ago now..:(..we just liked it the way it was, no papers needed to satisfy our relationship we had!..(it was a great one too)Marriage still may come one day for me, I'll wait no rush!..:)

• i won't date a guy if I think it won't last.. I mean I'm not looking for love or marriage but if it happens it happens. I won't date a guy that I know I really don't like, or won't last more than a couple months.

• to me personally, if I am dating a guy and he is my boyfriend. I am trying to build a lasting relationship, thus eventual marriage. if I'm not into a guy or think he is husband material I will have sex and that's it, or dump him.

so anytime you date a girl for a substancial amount of time, I would think that she is most likely thinking you two are together and gonna stay together, thus marriage in the future.

when I'm with a guy, I think about will he b a good dad one day, is he stable enought to live with me on his own, would he cheat on me, does he like my family, does he get along with my friends. all leading to, maybe he could be the one.

im thinking if a girl isn't the type to want marriage, she will say that right away, she'll have to b like an anti-feminist, thus, she'll wanna talk all about how she doesn't want a guy or feel she needs to get married and have kids. then you know you can just screw her and in a few years move on to someone new :)

What Guys Said 1

• most of the time girls will take one look at a guy and think, about if she could see him marrying her, dk why, just how it is