I think I want to marry her?

Okay, my girlfriend and I have been together awhile, and things have gone extremely well. We were friends before we ever started dating, so when we "fell" into a relationship, it just felt natural, and we were already past that early nervousness and awkwardness that sometimes occurs with new couples. Honestly, we're both really committed to this and to each other.

I want to marry her (and I'm pretty sure she'll say yes), but we've each got two more years of school, so I don't want to get married until we're out of school and financially capable of being in a marriage. With that said, should I still propose before this, with the intention of having a slightly long engagement, or should the engagement wait until we're closer to being able to get married? I know the engagement is really just a stage, but I'm not sure if there is a protocol for this type of thing.

What Girls Said 2

• i think you should do it now.

• I say ask her now, a long engagement is actually very common these days.Myself and my guy have been engaged four years and are getting married November 2nd. Best of luck to you both

What Guys Said 0