Getting married at a young age......Good or bad?

What do you think the pros and cons for this? At what age do you think you are ready to get married?

• 18-25
  • 25-35
  • 35-40
  • It doesn't matter as long as I'm ready
  • Hello,i choose to stay single !

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting married young 18-24 - Pros = None

Getting married young 18-24 - Cons = A lot tougher than most other ages because majority of time most people in this age group aren't successful yet and have other things going on in their life.

Best age to marry is around 30+. Though I would say its mostly for men, since we are still expected to be the bread winners and the head of the family. You need a mature man with success and life experience.

BTW this is no knock on women but even successful women like the security that a strong man can provide. She does not want to be a mother to her husband.

Plus biologically women are more in a rush to have kids than men. So 25-35 is the window when most women want to have kids. A man can have kids at any age, but its riskier for 40+ year old women to have kids.

• I can't post links but if you google 'risks of older men having children' you will see that men should be thinking about having children before they get too old. It is not as risky as older women but still poses risks due to his age. Just because he can produce sperm does not mean it's a good idea to have kids.

• well, I graduated in college when I was 19y.o way tooo early its a 4year course and took the Nursing exam which is like NCLEX in states and I passed it then I am a Registered Nurse here and I am 22y.o now but I can tell that I am ready for marriage thing, if someone will ask me, because I know I achieve already something in life... I will marry someone who is RESPONSIBLE and mature than me...thats all :) hehe :))

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 20

• We were both 20 when we started, 25 when we got married: since we were out of money we waited until both of us had a paid full time job.

My brother and my sis in law married when they were 38 or so, their kids were 5 and 7then ( I guess)

My mother married at 23 and (despite her masters degree) was clearly too young when I came the same year.

That's very individual.

• Well, I married young and was just recently divorced. I thought we would grow together and that she was as mature as I felt and thought she was.

I would think you need to know who you are before even considering marriage.

• as long as both parties are both emotionally and financially stable by all means get it on with the wedding bells!

• I think for guys it's at 30-32 and for a girls 24-26.

• i said B

its just a lot easier, but at the same time your not going to have kids till later in life

• Do you think its late for girls to get marry at the age of 30?

• no not really, but I wanna be able to play with my kids etc... and you know if I don't get married till 30 that means I wouldn't have kids till 31-32 so yeah when theyre my age now I'll be old =P

• ^_^

More from Guys
15

What Girls Said 25

• i voted b. but late 20's ealry 30's is ideal. providing you know and dated each other for a while.

• I picked B

You have to completely know yourself before you

get married. Also, you have to be mature. Or else,

you can grow apart from each other. Not to mention,

it is probably best to be done with college or almost

done with it.

• Do you think its late for us women to marry at the age of 30? I heard people said we would have difficulty to deliver a baby..

• thank you. ha ha and I agree :))

• welcome:)

• I see myelf getting married around 26-28, but as long as it's to the love of my life, age doesn't matter.

• I think if you know you're ready, getting married at a young age is tempting, but personally I would wait until I am older. I'm 18 right now. My parents met in college (at the age of 18). They dated briefly, broke up, and then stayed friends--they ended up getting married when they were 25. Even if I found the person I wanted to marry, I think I would wait at least until I was 25 (out of college, out of grad school, starting my first job, etc). And actually, I like the idea that you can meet the person you'll marry when you're young, you stay in contact, and then when you're older and more mature, you get married.

• I'd say ideally late 20s :)

More from Girls
20