Is it wrong to want to get married and have kids at age 16?

I REALLY want to have a boyfriend... have him propose to me... get married, have a honey moon... get all that lovey dovey feeling, and pleasure of being in love! I have a friend who is 17 and pregnant... and I wish I were in her shoes! I REALLY want a baby... I want to be pregnant... I know the consequences of all these thing.. but that's all I think about... having my own family and loving my family! is it wrong of me to think these things?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong for you to want to have a family...some day. A lot of girls get that strong desire at that age...but please believe me when I say it's the hormones making you want to do all of that right this second. You deserve a fulfilling marriage and beautiful family. However, the odds teens families staying together in the long run are incredibly slim. Most times, guys that young aren't ready to deal with the pressure and responsibilities of marriage and fatherhood. Are you prepared to be up at all hours of the night caring for a baby, working part-time to pay for a place to live, a car, daycare, groceries, etc, and do all of it ALONE if he decides to bail out? You deserve so much better than that. If you want that picture perfect family, then you have to approach it like an adult. Finish your education, find a stable job, and be prepared for a family before you start trying to create one. If you and your boyfriend are meant to be together, then you're going to be twice as much in love in a few years as you are now. Enjoy what you have right now, because you can never get it back.

What Guys Said 3

• It's not wrong to think about wanting to get married and have a family, but to disregard the consequences is an invitation for disaster. You're sixteen and you still have a lot to learn about yourself, guys, life, children, just about everything really. Is your seventeen-year-old friend married? Believe me, you are not ready for this.

• yes its wrong. The only reason why you should get married at 16 is if you get pregnant. Other then that wait

• You make sense now! ha ha love you like a brother! :)

• yes DON'T DO IT!

What Girls Said 8

• No, it isn't wrong. I wanted everything you do..when I was your age..except for the kids.

I was willing to wait for that ;)

You just seem like a hopeless romantic like me. :)

Do you have a good family background? Or is it broken?

I find, most girls who want a family when they are so young is because they

do not have the best one at home. And, they miss it so much..it doesn't fulfill

them that they want one of their own..so they can get that love that they need.

But, that is only with most. I know for me, it was like that. I never knew my real mom. And,

I have always wanted to find a man, and get married so he would never leave me..and I wouldn't have to worry about him leaving me..because we were married.

I guess that is because the first 2 months of my life, my mother left me at a babysitters house and my dad has to pick me up. It was the last I saw of her...

Just don't rush into things. Your day will come.

• This is a good ideal to have, I have it too, but for the FUTURE. You have to be rational about it. Chances are if you go get a guy now and get around to marriage, things will not go smoothly. Even just a regular relationship is tough. These things have to be solid, has to be step by step, and sure. You have to have a whole lot of trust and love. Be able to support yourself, know who you are, be responsible, have money. Don't just jump into something. You can have a boyfriend and be clouded with a possible future with him, while you'll be blind to see he really doesn't give a sh*t about you, for example. Or the idea of a baby, but you're only seeing the good parts. There's a whole lot of sacrifice involved in that. Think with your head and take things slowly as they come, naturally, be wary.

• well look,i know a girl who got married at 15 and just gave birth at 16,and she says she's never been happier. BUT,that's just one girl in a million,a lot of us dream of having our own home,our kids and all that-but you don't even have a job,you haven't even ''found yourself'',you don't even have a boyfriend,someone to hold your hand while going through it together. the best thing for you to do is to keep dreaming,but don't make that dream a reality

• well, I think it's wrong. if you were to have a family at 16, your childhood would be taken away. you'd have to grow up and be a good parent. I'm not stereotyping or anything, but a lot of teen moms end up putting their child up for adoption, or being really bad parents. they love it at first, but then the responsibility becomes too much, and they don't want to deal with it anymore. some teen moms end up being great parents, but how do you know that's gonna be you?

i think it's a stupid idea. have fun, be a young kid, enjoy your life. don't rush to grow up you have tons of time in life to start a family. I don't think you need one right now.

• not 'wrong'

but stupid.

• It's not wrong to think about it, but getting into it at your age will probably just cause a whole load of stress that could have waited until you were mature enough. I think you're being too idealistic about it, and that you don't fully understand the consequences just yet.

• i know how you feel actually. at 17 I was feeling the same, and at 21 I'm working on the baby...it may be here :D :D lol but I'm glad I waited. you will miss out on A LOT of things if you get married too soon. it really is worth the wait til at least 18. trust me dear. I've been in your shoes :) *hugs*

• Im not an ass kisser so my answer is no,thts too young...