Should I get married behind their back or wait for their approval?

My boyfriend ask me for engagement and now that he told my parents they told him to think about it for 20 days and then come back with an answer we really want to start a life together but we want everything with our parents to be good should we wait 20 days or just get married and do as our heart desires by the way we have been dating my boyfriend for 4 years now

Most Helpful Girl

• wait 20 days. Since they didn't object immediately, most likely after 20 days, if you both feel the same way, they would be supportive. But I definitely would not risk defying their request and having people upset just because you're eager or anxious. If they give you an outright no, then that's something else to think about. But this can still turn out okay :)

What Guys Said 3

• LMAO! 20 days?! Are you seriously fussing about 20 days? OMG...

A wedding takes PLANNING! I'm surprised you're even considering getting married with each other so soon AFTER letting your parents know about it. Everyone I've ever known, the moment they decide to get married, and let both families know about it, they wait at least 2 or 3 months because they want to plan the wedding and make sure it's something nice that they will always remember.

Even if you two just want a small wedding, I suggest you still plan it. And 20 days is plenty of time to plan. So yeah, DEFINITELY... just wait 20 days. And come back here to tell us about it! =)

• Wait. What's the rush?

• what's 20 days ina human life?

What Girls Said 4

• Depends how rational you have been.

If you can honestly say you have sensibly discussed and are satisfied with the "practicalities" of marriage (financial issues, your long term values & plans, your roles & expectations in the relationship) then it is your decision and nobody else should influence that, so do what you want.

But if you haven't, then use that 20 days to put aside the romance & discuss things seriously. Use the time to question & analyse the relationship & make sure it's the right thing for both of you.

• You're still young. Wait it out, you might regret not having them there later.

• if you've been dating for four years, and you're planning on spending the rest of YOUR ENTIRE LIVES UNTIL YOU DIE together, then 20 days should be like no problem. Just chill.

• Just wait the 20 days.