Girls, would you date a married guy?

K, I know that sounds bad. What if he's really unhappy and thinking of getting out of his relationship, just hasn't done it yet or something?

Ok, so none of you would date a random married guy. What if you'd known him for a while though, and you were good friends and you were always kinda attracted to him? You talk and maybe meet up for lunch and stuff, but he's unhappily married...would it ever go beyond lunch dates before he's divorced? He probably wouldn't leave his wife unless there was someone else for him, better to be unhappy with company than unhappy and lonely I suppose...

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahhh…NO. Lunch dates and hanging out is fine with me, but unless he’s divorced it’s wrong. Even if I have known him for a while, that would make it worse. What if his wife found out? What if he worked things out with her? It’s not worth the risk of a marriage & friendship, unless the divorce was finalized.

I think if he’s in a unhappy relationship, than he should get out. It’s not fair to the “girlfriend” to string her along for the ride, nor is it fair to the wife. Seriously, the other girl should be called a “mistress” not a “girlfriend”, unless that’s what she is – no romantic relations. Get a divorce & stop playing games with both of these women’s life. It’s not fair to any of you.

Why are you so unhappy in your marriage anyways?

What Girls Said 11

• If he's so unhappy and it's unsalvageable then why stay in it? If he truly wanted to get out then he would so he COULD find happiness. The logic in the update makes no sense to me. Because, why stay in something to be miserable as opposed to being on your own to start over?

Regardless, I will not date a married man- ever. He needs to be divorced and the baggage of the ex left behind. I will not be sloppy seconds or share a man. Moreover, I think it's morally wrong to date a man who is married even if it's over, the fact remains he is married in the eyes of the law.

• Not a chance before he's divorced. Even though you might be one of the few who is legitimately getting divorced, too many guys out there are not and it's hard to tell the difference. If it is a mutual interest though, she will wait till the divorce goes through

• HEEEEECK NO! That's completely wrong on so many levels. If he wants out then I would wait until he was actually out.. To be honest though, I probably wouldn't date a man who was divorced as well but I guess that all depends on the reasons of the divorce. Still... no. Sorry

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

if he's that 'unhappy' he can be a big boy and carry himself to divorce court. instead of being a child with one cake in his mouth one on the table one in the fridge one in the oven--all for himself.

• Hell no!

1. It goes against my morals.

2. Thinking of getting out of the relationship is very different than actually being out of a relationship. A lot of times people who say they're thinking about it are just saying that to get in your pants. Or if they really do mean it they could still change their mind. I'd rather wait until he was completely out of the relationship.

• A thousand times NO. Once he is divorced, then I will go out with him. As long as he is still married, he's another womans man, and I would ALWAYS be the 2nd woman. No matter what a man says, if he is STILL married & trying to talk to me at the same time... then he is not sure what he wants, and that just leads to trouble.

• Why stay in a marriage where you are unhappy? You are just making the situation worse for you and your spouse. If your unhappy you need to divorce the chick and asap, no female wants to date a married guy unless that female has no respect for your wife. If your not happy leave I know its not that easy but you have to do what's best for you, and sooner than later you will find your golden girl.

• @ update. already answered that in my first response. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. If he's unhappy then he needs to D.I.V.O.R.C.E. There is no excuse.

• No, that's being a home wrecker and I see the situation like this what if I were the mans's wif waiting for him to come home to lay beside me? Even if I knew him for awhile that's def. NO! maybe if I did not know him as well. But knowing him and his wife that's treason LOL

• If he's the kind of guy who thinks it's better to be unhappy with company than to find happiness elsewhere, in other words, he wants to be sure he has a back up plan while continuing to use his wife, NO I'd never get involved in that. He's a coward.

• no

@update: definitely not.

What Guys Said 0