What is your opinion on getting married right out of high school?

around age 18 what do you think about two people who have been together for 3 years getting married then?

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say this but **** that! I'm not getting one knee for a very long time, not meaning I don't want relationships, just I'm not ready for a hefty life decision like that yet.

What Guys Said 10

• its not smart, because you are still kids and plus you don't really know each other that well. Wait until you are at least in your mid twentys

• It doesn't matter how long they have been dating; 18 is way too young. Of all the married couples I know, the ones who got married in their late 20's or older have the strongest relationships.

• I think it's a bad idea. Wait till you're in your twenties because a lot of things change after high school.

• a mistake

• It's risky. Most marriages fail at the "normal" marriage age so it's probably going to be a lot riskier at your age. You're also just starting to develop your true maturity and really figure out who you are. You can change a lot after high school.

• f***in retarded

• I don't suggest it until you have jobs or have degrees in something.

• Crazy.

• I would say go for it depending on your personality. My parents got married in HS and are still together in their 40s.

But then again I was serious about getting married when my Girlfriend was 18. I knew her and dated for about 5 years.

What did I learn? Woman always push men to get married when in fact at your age have no damn clue wtf they want. Biggest mistake of my life.

• what if the guy really wants to get married and has been saying so for years?

• If you think it will work then stay together but don't get married. You don't need a contract and a ring to prove you love each other. And in a few years you will remember this post when the reality of Life finally sets in.

• I got married early 20's, which seemed pretty young.

I don't regret marrying young.

I regret not knowing more about women and relationships when I got married.

What Girls Said 9

• Its a bad idea. Research shows that human is not fully delveloped emotionally and mentally until late twenties. This means that you are still growing and developing as people. As a result ull grow a part. Ur interests will change. divorce rate high as is why increase your odds? Enjoy your days together and continue growing.

• I don't think anyone who have only known each other for three years should get married. Even less people who are not fully grown and who don't know who they are yet. I am a very different person now as 23 than I was as 18. What is wrong with just being in a committed relationship? Why do you have to get married?

• I don't know, it's their life I guess. Personally I wouldn't because there are things I want to do before I get married.

• It could work but I wouldn't recommend because you still young. Give yourself the time to experience life and if you two are soul mate you guy will meet again. I know a lot of people that date for while and ended up breaking off because they are too young to be together.

• I would never do that but whatever.

• i think it's a terrible idea.

• I don't think it's the right decision. I think getting married after college or at least waiting until you're 21 or 22 is best

• I don't care.

• I don't understand what the rush is and realistically, the people will continue to grow and mature as individuals. What makes them think they will still be in love once they change?

Waiting another 3-4 years would make no difference.