How long would you be dating someone when you get married?

After what time period of dating is the right time to get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no way to really know what the right time and date is for marrying someone. For some people only dating a very short time is right for them. For others it could take years before marriage is even talked about between the couple.

Either way, marriage is a big commitment and shouldn't be entered into lightly. You have to plan your future.

I remember reading this article a while ago on girls and the waiting game (for the ring). They said that if he doesn't propose by 3 years, count your losses and move on. I don't personally agree with this because as long as there is a significant milestone reached in the time of dating (moving in together, both of you finishing college etc) then the relationship is heading in the right direction. As long as talk of the future is brought up :)

Good Luck

What Girls Said 3

• Generally 3-5 years but I think under the right circumsrances it could be one year if everything is going good (work, finances, home)

• For me it would probably be after two years minimum... but it really depends on how old you are...and how connected you feel

• I don't know. I don't even know if I want to get married.

What Guys Said 2

• Never because I don't believe in the institution of marriage.

• think its down to how you feel and how they feel

everyones different so there's no real right or wrong answer