Marriage after 28 for women still OK?

I'm almost 29 and VERY single...I'm so worried I won't find anyone...in my culture (Indian) I'm worried that I'm behind...

scared.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just turned 28, I'm not scared (yet).

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is okay given that you stay in the US and there are comparatively less people like us living there. DO one thing. Register on matrimonial websites and you would get a husband who would be willing to settle abroad. These sites do work. What is your mother tongue ?

• I live in the US...was born here. I speak English...I'm punjabi though

• Ask your parents to look for a Punjabi Guy. Plus the matrimonial websites. You will get one easily. Are you ready for marriage ?

• I don't think this a big problem. A lot of people are looking to settle down around you're age, so you shouldn't have a big problem finding a good guy.

• Are you actually in India, or just in an area that is heavily influenced by Indian culture? At any rate, this old geezer thinks you're still quite young at the age of 28. At least in the USA, people get married in their 30's and 40's all the time.

• I'm an Indian-American living on the west coast. I prefer to marry an Indian, however they don't really want someone 30+...

• How can it be difficult? Your parents won't approve?

• Parents will approve...I just don't think someone non-Indian will readily go for me.

What Girls Said 5

• Oh stop it! Lol there so many things to worry about that are far more critical. Don't let the culture and peer pressure get to u. :))

• Well there are more things to worry about, sure...but this is a big life step...I don't want to never get married because it's too late

• isn't nearing 30 too late?

• No it is not.. This this 21century, u.s.. Even India is changing! Focus on making something

of fist Yourself, career, education. Do all that you wish to do now before getting married. I mean all the things you like to do as a single woman. becoming a more experienced and mature woman will attract the same type of men. Unless you wanna go the arranged route. but I Sontag think that is what you are looking for.

• You should not rush...Marriage is not something simple and easy.There are many things that you need to consider before getting married.About the culture I don't think all indians think this way nowadays.There are lots of indian women who married at the age of 30s.Some choose to stay single for some reasons.So don't worry too much about it.Your time will come.

• That is around the time I plan on getting married. I do not think it is very late at all! Do not worry about social convention, wait to find the right guy and not worry about other people :)

• I'm sure that there is some people that wouldn't want too marry you because of your age, but then again there will be someone out there wanting to marry you, and if you wanna find them you should probably go out on a date or something, or blind dating, but remember going on this things you always have too have fun, so take a mate why you or something, just don't give up, you will find someone xx

• it probably is harder to get married (in Indian culture) as you enter your 30s, which is often why Indian girls are usually married by 26, however, that doesn't mean that you can't find someone you like! Are you looking for a love marriage or an arranged?

Arranged are easier to organise, otherwise there are sites like shaadi.com and heaps more!

Don't worry! Just be yourself, be open to guys and be open to marriage (which you are), and it will come to you one day! =D And anyways, India is changing its views about marriage aswell as it becomes more modern, so you don't need to worry too much!